irc2880 black drum

SST V4.33Ez

Color imageRUNNER C3480(i)/C3380(i)/
    C3080(i)/C2880(i)/C2550(i)
    v94.01.01
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: irc2880 black drum

hello to all, i also have an error code e240-0001 and jam code 0a05. i have sst. but i have no this irc3080 system software v91.02b. can any one help me to get this system software.

inkito

I have a canon C3080 that read Replace Black drum, I just replace and 4 days later ask again, Replace black drum.
    I read your recomendation to update the firmware, does this solution apply to this problem?
    I do not have access to Canon E-Support to download the update firware, were can I get?

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    irc2880 black drum

The problem might be the transfer belt. Seen this before.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    irc2880 black drum

Quote Originally Posted by inkito View Post
    I have a canon C3080 that read Replace Black drum, I just replace and 4 days later ask again, Replace black drum.
    I read your recomendation to update the firmware, does this solution apply to this problem?
    I do not have access to Canon E-Support to download the update firware, were can I get?
    WHAT IS YOUR FIRMWARE VERSION

u need the Canon SST Program & the Firmware registered in it/ + the knowledge on how to do it/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color imageRUNNER C2550/C2880/C3080/C3380/C3480 V3

v91.02b V3
    The following changes occur when upgrading the DCON of the Color imageRUNNER C2550/ C2880/ C3080/ C3380/ C3480 from v60.01 to v61.01:
    [Modification Of a Field Claim]
    Modification of an error where the message “Insert drum cartridge” is falsely displayed despite the presence of the drum. This occurs when the ITB unit has reached close to the end of its expanded life and the resistance of the primary transfer roller has been increased after some period of time.
    During the life of the ITB Unit, resistance against parts around the Primary Transfer Roller causes a decrease in the primary current at the drum detection sequence. This symptom may occur more frequently in a low temperature, low humidity environment.
    Note:
    To address this symptom in the field we recommend performing the following procedure

Procedure:
    a. Clean the Transfer H.V. PCB (HV2) Contacts.
    b. Clean the Process Unit contacts to the main frame.
    c. Upgrade the DCON to v61.01

Read this PDF> TP09.pdf

Latest firmware is now-
    v94.01.01
    for the Color imageRUNNER C2550/ C2880/ C3080/ C3380/ C3480 V3

irc2880 black drum

Another two items to look at________

1-If the conductive bushing on the front side of the ITB assembly for the transfer roller is cracked.
    This part cannot be ordered. Replace the ITB assembly. Part number FM2-5522-030.

2-
    The problem could be related to a broken, loose, or missing drive drum coupling. In this case the drum drive coupling was dislodged from the black drum drive shaft.
    This prevented the drum from rotating and caused the machine to display that the drum was not installed.

Ronald1

We just had this happen on a Canon C3480i, we replaced the black drum and it's now coming up with a "replace black drum" message. We are not a Canon dealer for copiers so I presume we wouldn't be able to load the latest version of Dcon without special software tools?

The article recommends cleaning some contacts and also to reset the ITB asy life in counter mode and/or replace the ITB, will these things have any effect without upgrading the Dcon?

irc2880 black drum

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald1 View Post
    We just had this happen on a Canon C3480i, we replaced the black drum and it's now coming up with a "replace black drum" message. We are not a Canon dealer for copiers so I presume we wouldn't be able to load the latest version of Dcon without special software tools?

The article recommends cleaning some contacts and also to reset the ITB asy life in counter mode and/or replace the ITB, will these things have any effect without upgrading the Dcon?
    ======================

U first need to check your DCON Firmware ver./ if it is v61.01

then u proceed to do checking & cleaning as mentioned

Ronald1

Our tech is on his way there now but I think it's safe to assume that it's an older rev of firmware. Since I will not have the means to upgrade the firmware I will need to try to fix the hardware portion of this problem. Some of the things mentioned are: cleaning contacts (Transfer HV & Process unit), checking the condition of the drive gears for the durm, reseting the IBT counter and/or replacing the IBT.

irc2880 black drum

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald1 View Post
    Our tech is on his way there now but I think it's safe to assume that it's an older rev of firmware. Since I will not have the means to upgrade the firmware I will need to try to fix the hardware portion of this problem. Some of the things mentioned are: cleaning contacts (Transfer HV & Process unit), checking the condition of the drive gears for the durm, reseting the IBT counter and/or replacing the IBT.
    ================================================== =========================

if this is a Canon authorized tech/ person should have firmware to update printer

the ITB on this model causes issues/ especially if old & never replaced before/
    when the ITB unit has reached close to the end of its expanded life and the resistance of the primary transfer roller has been increased after some period of time

DCON v49.01 was originally updated to Help Prevent Miscellaneous "Insert Drum Cartridge" Messages
    that was from y2009

then revisited in a later update