Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon iR5570 Get Device Status Problem

All imageRUNNER-iR Series, All imagePASS Series, All imageRUNNER LBP Series, All Color Enabled imageRUNNER Models, Cannot 'Get Device Status' on Canon NDPS printers.

When performing 'Get Device Status' on a Canon NDPS printer driver, the following warning message pops up.

Workaround :
    This happens when you perform Get Device Status by going to the Printers and Faxes folder, right clicking the printer object, then clicking Properties (see figure 1).
    Figure 1

Going to the 'Device Settings' tab, click the 'Get Device Status' button (see figure 2).
    Figure 2

Click 'Yes' in the Confirmation prompt

Finally this warning window (see figure 4) will appear indicating that there was a problem performing the specified printer driver function.
    Figure 4
    In order to correct the problem the PortSet utility needs to be run on the affected workstation.

Using the attached compressed (PortSet.zip) file, download and extract all the contents of that file to a folder in your local hard drive. With winzip installed in your workstation, double-click the compressed file. Highlight all the files in the pane and click the 'Extract' icon (see figure 5).

Figure 5

In the 'Extract to': field, type the location; in our example, it is C:\canon, then click 'Extract.' (see figure 6).

Figure 6

Now, to configure the NDPS printer using the PortSet utility, double-click PortSet.exe, (see figure 7).
    Figure 7

Highlight the NDPS printer and click 'Modify' (see figure 8).

Figure 8

Choose 'TCP/IP' protocol and then enter the ip address of the copier in the Network Address field. Click OK. (see Figure 9).

Figure 9

Finally, click 'OK' (see figure 10). Once the port set tool is executed, you will be able to perform 'Get Device Status' on the installed NDPS printer.

Figure 10

For information about adding or updating printer drivers in NDPS, please refer to KB article 59710.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

DIAS, NetSpot, PortSet ... how many other utilities do I need to install to get a Canon Driver work?

Thanks for your help!

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Actually you don't need to install any of those. Portset is for Novell, Netspot is for older drivers, and DIAS is already running on your laptop.

Have you checked your FIREWALL yet?

1. Make sure Canon Driver Information Assist Service is on the exception list and checked.
    2. Make sure TCP port 41380 is not blocked.

Check that these services are running:
    1. Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.
    2. TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service.

system tools

When I installed the driver I checked the box for installing DIAS and selected `yes`for windows firewall exception ...

Re-installing the system software makes more sense but I do not have access to Canon anymore and do not have the system tools to install the latest firmware and upgrade machines.

WOETC

Similar experience with other machines

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    DIAS is running ... tried from my laptop with a cross over cable ... cannot get the device status and cannot verify the user name password for account tracking....

Thanks!

I have had this with a couple of installations, particularly where IT people who know a lot better than copier techs installed a unit.
    1st thing uninstall from your laptop, install using the setup on the driver disk.
    2. Make sure DIAS is installed.
    3. The step that fooled me 1st off..... make sure you select the right model. There may be several versions of the same model, only one of them will work 100%. e.g IRC3170 and IRC3170 eur.

Hope that helps.

Fixed this by clearing the PDL settings from the additional functions.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon iR5570 Get Device Status Problem

good find! Thanks for the follow up
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.