Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ir2800 light copies and random E064 code

Hello I have a customer with a Canon ir2800. They have had this copier a while and we have been servicing it. Meter reading is in the neighborhood or 600K. Fuser and drum were just replaced about 10K ago. At last PM two weeks ago the copies looked just as they should. Customer calls in today and says they are getting light copies? I send a tech out there and he checks the toner level (duh) and stuff. Sure enough they are light. They failed to mention that it has been throwing an E064 code for a day or two before the light copies. I has the tech thoroughly clean the machine...with no change. Service manual refers to high voltage board failure...so I had him pull, clean and check all the connections associated with that PWB. No change. Any Ideas?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir2800 light copies and random E064 code

Check the setting of COPIER>ADJUST>DEVELOP>DE-DC in service mode. Compare this value with that of the service label. If the setting is found to be out of adjustment, set the value back to door specifications.
    After making the adjustments, run some continuous copies to check for occurrence of the code.

Check that the Pressure Plates (Leaf Springs) for the Transport Section are in good condition and making good contact with the Transport Bed.
    PLATE.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Another thing to check/replace is the transfer roller unit.