Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: canon irc 5045

lvillacci

canon irc 5045

hey guys i set up a new machine irc5045 and the feeder is not being reconized.i checked the fnc switch and set scantype to 1. i have a feeling i may have to load system software. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon irc 5045

Quote Originally Posted by lvillacci View Post
    hey guys i set up a new machine irc5045 and the feeder is not being reconized.i checked the fnc switch and set scantype to 1. i have a feeling i may have to load system software. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Check the interface cable between the Reader connector J999 and the DADF connector J401

Check Flat cable assy
    Check Reader controller connectors are damaged

If the copier does not recognize the Duplex Color Image Reader Unit B1
    check the service mode to see if it is set to the correct image reader.
    Service mode >
    Copier > Options > Custom > SCANTYPE =
    "1" for Duplex Color Image Reader Unit B1.
    "0" is for the Color Image Reader B1.
    After changing this setting the unit must be power cycled for the setting to take affect.

The default is zero (0), which sets the copier to Color Image Reader B1. The copier should automatically detect the reader type but if it does not, and this problem occurs. The solution would be to change the values in service mode manually.
    Last edited by teckat; 02-05-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Check Flat cable assy
    Check Reader controller connectors are damaged
    Yep, it sounds like a connector issue. Did the device give out any error codes during the first startup?

I've been wondering why every C5000 -advance gives out an error code when scanner unit is properly attached. If I remember correct, the iRC 5185 -series did just the same thing.

canon irc 5045

Quote Originally Posted by iRC View Post
    Yep, it sounds like a connector issue. Did the device give out any error codes during the first startup?

I've been wondering why every C5000 -advance gives out an error code when scanner unit is properly attached. If I remember correct, the iRC 5185 -series did just the same thing.

On 5185 u can not push in-or remove & push in that interface connector
    while machine is on & plugged in wall outlet/
    causes ERROR CODE/ or a Fail to Notice message.

plug.JPG

Sorry I explained a bit poorly; I meant a situation where new machine is being assembled in our office. I've installed 5 of these C5000 -models, and each one of them has made an error code during the first startup (all cables were properly attached before even touching the power switch). Other techs at our office told that it's normal. They have had the same code in every C5000 they have installed. The code clears, and everything works fine when you power off and on the machine again. I don't remember the code right now, but next time when I go to office again, I'll check it (I'm a full time student and a part-time tech; I'm not at the office every day).

I was installing one iRC5185 about a year ago, and it made also an error code during it's first startup (and again, all cables were attached before the startup). Colleague just said that it's scanner related and normal code.

I know that the interface cable cannot be attached to the main unit during power-on!

canon irc 5045

Remember,
    there are new installation procedures for imageRunner Advanced machines that need to be followed in order.

Are you trained on the Advanced Series ????

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    canon irc 5045

usually it is your machine recognizing your scanner and it wants you to reboot the device. I would not be alarmed by this.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    usually it is your machine recognizing your scanner and it wants you to reboot the device. I would not be alarmed by this.
    Yep, I know it's related to that. But I'm just wondering why is it throwing an error code (it doesn't come up on the screen; it only shows up at the service mode). For example iRC 2380 -series doesn't have this kind of issue. I guess I should think less and do more

teckat: I'm not officially trained to the advance -series. Colleagues have told and showed me the main things. It has been few months since I've last installed an advance; perhaps I should read the new instructions! Thanks for letting me know.

canon irc 5045

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030

Installation Tips

A “Note” has been added below to help prevent the Loss of communication between the Main Unit and the DADF when installing the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 series machine.

see pdf>>>IRAC Install TipsTP09.pdf