Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Service Manager 250+ Posts montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    benghazi
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    0

    canon ir 1018 download standby

    hi...i need help for canon ir1018...this machine displaying download standby...anyone has the firmware for this machine?
    i have the ir2016-2020 firmware but i don't know if it is work with ir 1018.....
    thank you


  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts doktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    17
    No way!!!


  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Caldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Honiara
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    21
    You should start looking for firmware for your model IR1018.


  4. #4
    Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    hi...i need help for canon ir1018...this machine displaying download standby...anyone has the firmware for this machine?
    i have the ir2016-2020 firmware but i don't know if it is work with ir 1018.....
    thank you
    Is this a variant of the IR1022?

    If so, then I have had 2 give me that symptom. I am working from memory here, but there is a jumper under the CMOS battery on the controller that you can short to get out of download mode.
    I will look it up when I get a chance to fire the work laptop up.
    I am now off to drink lots of Highland Park Whisky with some local Belhaven Best beer to chase it

    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 250+ Posts montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    benghazi
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    0
    hi...thanks guys..mr canonsco thank you for reply ..yes it is a variant of the ir 1022..is this jumper locating on DC controller?so there is no need for firmware if this short work...
    thank you
    best regards


  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    14
    Same problem...tnx guys..


  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon ir 1018 download standby

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,202
    Rep Power
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    hi...thanks guys..mr canonsco thank you for reply ..yes it is a variant of the ir 1022..is this jumper locating on DC controller?so there is no need for firmware if this short work...
    thank you
    best regards

    imageRUNNER 1023iF / 1023N / 1023

    Machine powers up and Download Mode is displayed

    Short the two pins at JP141 on the Image Processor Board. This can be done
    with a screwdriver or an alligator clip.

    This will reset the machine so system software can be re-flashed.
    PIN.JPG

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  8. #8
    Service Manager 250+ Posts montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    benghazi
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    0
    thank you very much indeed mr teckat for the help info...i will try it.but there is a question please should i reload a new firmware after short the pins...if yes where it is can be found?
    thank you again...best regards...


  9. #9
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon ir 1018 download standby

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,202
    Rep Power
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    thank you very much indeed mr teckat for the help info...i will try it.but there is a question please should i reload a new firmware after short the pins...if yes where it is can be found?
    thank you again...best regards...


    you do not need to re-load firmware/

    short pin method could jump u out of that download screen issue
    report back if issue is not fixed


    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  10. #10
    Service Manager 250+ Posts montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    benghazi
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    0
    thanks ...i will try and let you know my dear..................


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here