Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts imagewalker's Avatar

Cool E001-001 Canon iR5570 poor fusing on one edge

This machine is doing some odd things,started off by doing no fusing to the rear of the machine about 2 inches from the rear edge.Has the odd E001-001 changed the holder unit or heating element but still doing the same thing. Im used to lamps not this type of element thing. still confused on how it can fuse everywhere but not on one edge. That's why i changed the holder unit element thingy. But no change! Any suggestions? is it really the thermistor? or is the shutter in the wrong position.

Thanks
    imagewalker
    Last edited by imagewalker; 02-15-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    try replacing the lower roller and bearings!

Hey ill try that i did see a few wrinkled pages. Thought it might be the fusing temperature but ya it could be the lower roller is out of round........

bearings also! the bearings freeze up and wear out the shaft ends where the bearings sit! the lower roller bearings will also cause jamming problems! are you getting shutter errors? make sure inside the ufr is clean, it builds up metal dust which can bind up the shutter!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E001-001 Canon  iR5570 poor fusing on one edge

E001
    Check to make sure the Fuser Shutter is operating properly & not sticking / hanging up in the Upper Fuser roller

Check bearings and check the nip
    Do Not Reuse the Thrust Fixing Roller Retainer
    Do not reuse the Thrust Fixing Roller Retainer once it has been removed from the roller.
    The plastic may become deformed when removed from the roller resulting in poor gripping force. Reusing the retainer
    may cause damage to the 52T gear and fixing roller.
    When replacing the roller, replace the retainer at the same time.
    FC6-3501-020
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Man, i just thought the NP6050, NP6551, IR5000, iR5020, iR5070 were like the best thing ever on the market the fusers where so easy to rebuild then they had to change it to this messed up element thing reminds me of the Canon iR200 fuser (jus kill me now ) Guess ill just have to get used to it, thank god i only have a few of these machines out there only bad thing is we have been changing machines to less tech needed Xerox machines HAAAAAA (they have non rebuild units dosent mean the cost is less thou lol)

Thanks for the help guys i will try your suggestions this week and ill let you know in the mean time i love my iR5070's lol.....

spot on ACSOLUTIONS worked like a charm replaced with new lower bearings and lower roller cleaned everything nice and clean haven't heard from them since been over a week they were calling me every day...lol

Awsome, Glad I could help, hope everything is still ok? 5570 is a great machine once you work on them for a time. Good job