Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

iIR 8500 e069 code

Hello, I get this e069 code everytime I run a copy. I have done almost everything, replaced all the fixing roller bearings and assembled it according to the tech pubs. the bias contact are good. I have isolated the bias by disconnecting connector j733 on the HVT-dc board. I have swapped trans/sep, pre transfer and charge units I also swapped out the HVT-dc board. I have also placed electrical tape on the upper and lower transfer guides, I have seen the mylar wear and cause arcing. I have not made any adjustments to the transfer voltages or eliminated potential controls as of yet. I saw a posting about a resistor on the high voltage cables that runs off the transformer that can cause this issue. if anyone has seen this I would like some details!!!!!!!!! * Is the resistor high or open that will cause this problem? * Does it happen during warm-up? * does it happen after every copy?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iIR 8500 e069 code

U probably have seen this Pub below>
    TP02-2.pdf

CHECK>high voltage cable to trans/sep assy.

imageRUNNER 7200, 8500, 85, 105 E069 Error Code

An E069 code indicates a fault with the transfer charging assembly. TP02-015 lists certain areas that should be checked to prevent this code. Additionally, a bias voltage is applied to the fuser assembly and the paper feeder guide and if this bias voltage shorts to the frame it will cause E069 codes. There are two simple checks that can be made to check for the bias voltage shorting to frame ground. The diagram below illustrates how to check for a bias short in the paper feeder guide. There shouldn't be any continuity at the two points in the photo below, where the black lead is simply on the frame ground. If it is shorting to frame ground, check for wear on green bushing on the registration roller shaft.

The diagram below illustrates how to check for a bias short in the fuser roller. There shouldn't be any continuity at the two points in the photo below, where the black lead is simply on frame ground.

n
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

iIR 8500 e069 code

imageRUNNER 7200 / 85 / 8500 / 105
    E069 Error Code

One of the causes for E069 codes may be arcing of the Fixing Bias.
    At the rear side of the Upper Fuser roller there is a Fixing Bias tab that can become bent or deformed. At this point, arcing can occur which will load down the High Voltage Transformer causing the code. Check and make sure the Fixing Bias tab is making direct contact with the Fixing Bias line plate and is not contacting the frame of the Fuser unit.

If I disconnected the bias cable (j733) from the hvt-dc would this not eliminate the bias issue you discussed. the tab is contacting the bias plate! not the fuser or the frame. I am still wondering about the resistors on the high voltage cable that I described in my posting. Do the cables have resistors on them, and if they are open or have high resistance will it cause a E069 I pretty much am eliminating bias arcing from fuser and transfer guide assembly if I disconnect the voltage line (j733)from the HVT BOARD! I did see the tech pub TP02-2 and followed it. I did see a tech pub on the 7105 series that spoke about the resistors on the HVT cables that if the resistor is open or + or - 5% it will need replacing. I cannot get 1 copy out of the machine without getting the code. Very upsetting. Thanks
    Last edited by acsolutions; 02-16-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I had an intermittent E069 that turned out to be the tx guide plate was dirty, but it wasn't exactly where you could see it. It was way up under the lower guide. In the pictures, it would be the area above the leaf springs for the TX corona assy. I see you put electrical tape on the lower guide but did it go all the way under the guide? About where the rightmost part of the tx corona is?

About the only thing left is the cables or corona block on the rear frame.

From what I was taught the cables themselves have resistance, and after age could change in resistance. I'll check but I thought there was a way to check them by taking them out and measuring resistance in one direction, then the other.

Thanks, D_I_P for the responce, one thing I forgot to mention is that I removed the ts corona assembly and ran a copy and it went right into the e069.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    imageRUNNER 7200 / 85 / 8500 / 105
    E069 Error Code

One of the causes for E069 codes may be arcing of the Fixing Bias.
    At the rear side of the Upper Fuser roller there is a Fixing Bias tab that can become bent or deformed. At this point, arcing can occur which will load down the High Voltage Transformer causing the code. Check and make sure the Fixing Bias tab is making direct contact with the Fixing Bias line plate and is not contacting the frame of the Fuser unit.
    Teckat,can you share with us a Tech Pub about E068(IR105+)?
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

iIR 8500 e069 code

imageRUNNER 85 / 85+ / 105 / 105+ / 7200 / 8070 / 9070
    E068
    An E068 error code is a fault (leakage) in the high-voltage output to the separation charging assembly.

this instance was, the wire in the pre-transfer corona assembly had broke.
    Replacing the broken corona wire resolved this issue.

imageRUNNER 85 / 85+ / 105 / 105+ / 7200 / 8070 / 8500 / 9070

E068 error code.

Possible solution is to replace the HV support block plate shown in figure 325 below the part number is FB4-3848-000.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    The manual lists the HV-AC PCB as a possible cause too. Have you swapped that?

I'm not totally sure but I think even a working copier will give an E069 with the T/S corona unit out. I will test this tomorrow.

yes, I had a hvt-dc assembly and the hvt-ac was attached. But if you order the hvt-dc asst. you also get the transformer with it. I did not replace the transformer. Do you know if the cable for the transfer has a resister and if it does will this cause a e069?