Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Help. Canon c3100n. Too much use of toner.

Hello ppl. I have a canon IRc3100n and resently a technician mount a new DRUM and some other parts, but after he left i notice that the use of toner when the machine copies and print is too much.

I would appreciate if any1 knows how to lower the toner usage plz.
    I've lower it on the normal (*) Button but i can't find the right place to lower it inside the SERVICE MODE.

I've tried on SERVICE lvl1-COPIER-ADJUST-DENS.
    I've lowered all the numbers from 510 to 0 graduatelly and trying each time i lower it but that doesn't change the amount of toner used.. Plz HELP.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Help. Canon c3100n. Too much use of toner.

Note : When toner low message is indicated, this doesn't mean the toner cartridge needs replacement.
    The copier will indicate replace toner when needed.
    1. Remove the new Toner Cartridge
    2. Turn OFF and the ON the copier (without the Toner Cartridge)
    3. Wait until the copier cycles and asks to install the Toner Cartridge
    4. Install the new Toner Cartridge

Please inform the end user not to add color toner, until the Message "Add toner" is indicated.
    When the Message, "Toner is low" appears, inform the customer to have a toner cartridge ready.
    If the end user should add color toner to the copier when the message "Toner is low" appears, the message will remain for a period of time and not clear out immediately. Eventually, after a number of color copies have been made, the message will be cleared out by the DC Controller.

Toner Low & Add Toner are different messages .
    I turn off that TONER LOW MESSAGE , because it is confusing to the customer/ & prevents customer call backs for this message.

imageRUNNER C3100 / C3170 When the "Add toner" message displays, the rotary automatically moves to the correct position, to allow installation of a new toner cartridge. Upon installing the cartridge, the rotary will turn to add the toner to the developer unit and the "Add toner" display will go away.

Should a user want to install a toner cartridge before the "Add toner" message displays, or if the rotary has stopped in the wrong position, the user can go to Additional Functions mode to move the rotary to the correct toner add position. Perform the following in User Mode.

This screen is located at ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS>ADJUSTMENT/CLEANING>SPECIFIED TONER REPLACEMENT

To make this screen available to the user go to Service Mode level 2, COPIER>OPTION>BODY>T-CRG-SW
    If you set the value to "1", the Specified Toner Replacement screen will be made available to the user.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**