Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Ecou

Lightbulb Canon ir 2380 scan on SMB server

her everyone ,

i have Canon iR 2380 & i want to setup Smb server in order when anyone want to scan save directly on my server

i have storage server 2008 .. i created an account give him a full access on scan folder but when i try to make scan there's error shown up saying check ur tcp\ip configuration even though that i'm sure that every thing is okay and i can connect it this printer through network normally ... i have also Knicka C252 and it's work without any problem so can u help me plz ASAP ,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ir 2380 scan on SMB server

Tech Support suggestions>>>>>
    Firewalls need SMB unblocked
    1.) The "Server name" in the SMB setup screen is NOT the name of a PC, but rather a UNIQUE name you give the iR. What I do is use the model name (i.e. iRC3380) as the server name.
    2.) Must set the work group name. If you have multiple work groups running under one domain, use the domain name root (i.e. if domain is company.com, just use company), if the client is only running Domain, same applies. This can be determined by checking the Computer Identity of the system settings area on the PC. Look for work group or domain.

For SMB Printing:

Once the first 2 conditions have been met, give the iR a "Printer" name. It does not have to be anything in particular, but it must be a unique name on the network. I use the format of model Print (i.e. 3380Print).

For SMB sending:
    IF they are running an Active Directory on a Windows2003 server, then you need to meet the specifications mentioned by Irish. I've only seen this deployed in corporate domains.

A simpler way, as Irish pointed out, is to simply assign the iR a fixed IP. But I wouldn't use the exact IP the iR is getting being in DHCP. I would take that address and the modify the last octet (last set of digits) by adding a about 10 or 20 to the value. Say it's 192.168.1.115 change to 192.168.1.135. You might even consider going to 192.168.1.215, just be aware there a small handful of routers that will not play nice in this circumstance. But just the way I would do it. To each his own. But I have had better success this way than just using an address that was assigned to it as a fixed address. I've ended up going out to change to a different address a time or two.

SMB is not IP dependent and should not be confused with FTP sending which IS IP dependent. FTP and DHCP are incompatible protocols unless DHCP is under SERVER control, such as in many larger company domains. SMB uses a simple NetBIOS naming convention; that is, each PC in a network has a unique string-name and a specific work group OR domain and therefore is not affected by DHCP (as such, it is the primary mode used in file sharing Peer-to-peer networks). If you are using IP addressing for file transmission you are, in effect, using FTP.

On the PC, if you'll go to the System Information screen (Control Panel>System) and then click on the "Computer Name" tab, you will be able to determine the "Computer Name" and Work Group/Domain. The "computer name" will be important as that is part of the destination information used later when actually sending. You should also note the Work Group or Domain name listed there. These are important in configuring the iR for SMB sending. Continuing on the PC, you will need to create a NEW Folder, preferably on the ROOT. I use either "Scans" or "Scanned Docs". This folder must then be set for SHARING. It must also be set to allow WRITE/FULL privaledges for EVERYONE. If the user is required to "LOGIN" to his/her PC, you'll either need the LOGIN and PASSWORD, OR, with permission, create a new user just for the iR (I use the model for login and the serial # for password in such situations). These will be necessary later. Once you have completed these steps, you can move to the iR.

On the iR;
    In Additional Functions>System Settings>Network Settings>SMB
    For "Server Name" enter a unique name, not the name of Server or Host on the network. This must be a unique name as this is the name of the iR. I use the model number, i.e. CiRC2880 in this case. For "Work group", enter the work group name you "harvested" from the previous PC steps. If it is a DOMAIN, use the non-dotted root (company.com = company). Close out of the settings and restart the iR.

Testing the send (Easy Method)
    Once the iR has fully restarted AND sufficient time has passed as set in network settings (Network Start-up time, default is 60 seconds and this timer starts when the Copy screen becomes available, not from power on), select SEND. If not already displayed, select the New Address screen and touch "File". In the Protocol Drop menu, select Windows(SMB), then select Browse. You should now be able to see the Work Group, select the work group and touch the down arrow. You should now see the "Host" you were working on earlier. Select the "Host" then down arrow. You should be prompted for user ID and Password IF the host PC required a login, otherwise, you should see the shared folder you created. Select that folder and press OK. Now set your "Send Settings" and "File Format" if desired. Set your document and press start. In a few seconds, the processing light will go on, then blink, then extinguish. If you get an error, it will be due to some configuration error. double check ALL settings, both at the PC and the iR. Most failures at this point are due to incorrect share settings for the destination folder. (BTW: This method also works for storing destinations in the address book/one touch buttons at the console.)

Manual entry:
    WINDOWS(SMB)
    HOST: \\computer name\folder
    FOLDER: leave blank
    USER: {as required}
    PASSWORD: {as required}
    OK

(This method may or may not work in an ACTIVE DIRECTORY SERVICE DOMAIN. I have no experience successfully negotiating send-to-file on such domains. Mainly due to the fact the only 2 accounts I have that are using Active Directory aren't interested in USend.)
    NOTE: Windows XP MUST be at SP2 or later. Original release and SP1 did not contain NetBIOS compatibility and therefore SMB will not work. VISTA may require additional Firewall configuration. Unfortunately (or fortunately - point of view) I haven't had the displeasure of dealing with VISTA more than twice and I had no problems once I figured out setting the sharing permissions.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Ecou
    thnx a lot my friend it's works now ... really thanx ... but if u can help me in another issue about color it's print in different color i tried many drivers but still the same problem so how i can fix this issue bcoz i have now 5 canon ir 2380 and no one want to use them and all of the staff use our old printers Konick c252 bcoz their color are better so plz i wait for ur answer my friend ,

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

without a sample that is difficult to say. I would start by running auto gradation on all the machines on a daily basis.
    It is under additional functions>adjustments/cleaning>auto gradation adjust. Run a full adjustment to keep the machines running at there best and consistently with the color.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecou View Post
    thnx a lot my friend it's works now ... really thanx ... but if u can help me in another issue about color it's print in different color i tried many drivers but still the same problem so how i can fix this issue bcoz i have now 5 canon ir 2380 and no one want to use them and all of the staff use our old printers Konick c252 bcoz their color are better so plz i wait for ur answer my friend ,

Just remember> if u have a Fiery attached> u must calibrate the Printer first and do a color calibration for the Fiery

for the Fiery> I would remove all stored calibrations/ then re-calibrate with the Kodak
    Gray Scale or better yet if u don't have a Densitometer Buy one.

with a Fiery u can set up a Presentation or Photographic Profile,
    use same profile on all iR2380's

Fiery RGB Rendering Styles:

• Photographic — Designed for images, retains the relative values between colors to maintain the overall appearance of the image. (resembling ICC Perceptual Intent)
    • Presentation — Designed for bright colors, this allows saturated prints suitable to most business presentation needs. The Presentation CRD also does an excellent job of rendering photographic images. (resembling ICC Saturation Intent)
    • Absolute Colorimetric — Maintains the absolute values of all in gamut colors to preserve the fidelity of single colors while rendering the paper color of the selected profile. (resembling ICC Absolute Colorimetric Intent)
    • Relative Colorimetric — Maintains the relative values of all in gamut colors to preserve the fidelity of single colors while ignoring the paper color of the selected profile. (resembling ICC Relative Colorimetric Intent)

Fiery CMYK Simulation Methods:
    • Full-Output GCR offers accurate proofing by performing a colorimetric conversion of all 4 plates from source to output color space. In this simulation method, the black plate is mixed into the CMY plates, then re-separated based on the Output profile.

• Paper Simulation
    automatically renders the paper white of the simulation profile as printable CMYK values in the output color space. This option is only available to those servers that have the Fiery Graphic Arts Package enabled. It is selectable when Full (Output GCR) is selected. Paper Simulation is only available in Job Properties and Print Driver. Paper Simulation is NOT available in ColorWise Pro Tools because setting it as a default can have undesirable effects.

• Full–Source GCR
    offers expanded full simulation capability by performing a colorimetric conversion from source to output color space, and maintains the distinction between Black and CMY in the original separation (usually performed in Photoshop or other separation software).

• Quick simulation
    is meant for documents which contain CMYK data separated for printing on a press, but which are being printed to the Fiery for short run production (“Output”), rather than as an actual press proof. Quick Simulation uses 1 Dimensional Transfer Curves to adjust output density only.

EFI Fiery Forums> excellent help on EFI products
    EFI Fiery Forums - Powered by vBulletin