Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iRC2010i ID RESET or enter service menu

Quote Originally Posted by luckyearl View Post
    Thanks

Just have one ID setup & have lost it, any other way to switich off ID management

cheers

SM.JPG

SERVICE MODE
    On the control panel
    1) Press Main > 2 > 8 > Main in sequential order
    2) Select Copier and press OK
    3) Select Function and press OK
    Under function search for PASSWORD CLR
    COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR>PWD-CLR

Download Mode

1) Press Main > 2 > 8 > Main in sequential order
    2) Select Copier and press OK
    3) Select Function and press OK
    4) Select System and press OK.
    5) Download Mode will now be in the display.
    Last edited by teckat; 02-23-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Thanks Teckat

Managed to get into Service mode !!!

There are many options under it, any manual which would explain them ???
    and the difference b/w download mode and service mode

cheers

You need the SERVICE Manual
    this online e-manual link below is helpful for operations, but it is not a service manual

http://www.citrusdigital.co.uk/uk_iR...ual/index.html

download mode is for your firmware updates & HDD repairs
    service mode is for viewing settings/checking logs/making adjustments >etc>etc & on & on>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by teckat; 02-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Pay a technician

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    [B]

You need the SERVICE Manual
    Any Links

Thanks teckat, manged to clear ID, now can reconfigure the network settings / address book / store on network. It was all blocked

Technician

Re: iRC2010i ID RESET or enter service menu

Hi, Thanks for helping in past

Just wondering if I could reset the internal clock (out of sync, hence the network wont kicks it out)
    cant see any options for it

thanks in advance

Hi, Thanks for helping in past

Just wondering if I could reset the internal clock (out of sync, hence the network wont kicks it out)
    cant see any options for it

thanks in advance
    =================================
    internal clock ?? for what ??

date & time

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =================================
    internal clock ?? for what ??

date & time
    yes, when I scan, the date & time stamp is incorrect, probably that the reason it wud not scan to network folder. The IT support has given up, saying there is nothing wrong with network, as the the default printer page can be assessed from the network, but would not scan to folder. Azurri who has copier contract says all is well with the copier & I am the piggy in middle

Definitely the time stamp is incorrect ? thats the reason why I cant browse the network thru SMB share ?

Thanks for a quick answer

yes, when I scan, the date & time stamp is incorrect, probably that the reason it wud not scan to network folder. The IT support has given up, saying there is nothing wrong with network, as the the default printer page can be assessed from the network, but would not scan to folder. Azurri who has copier contract says all is well with the copier & I am the piggy in middle

Definitely the time stamp is incorrect ? thats the reason why I cant browse the network thru SMB share ?

Thanks for a quick answer
    U have a external Fiery box connected to Printer_?
    Did u check Printer in RUI on computer_?

Are the date & time for your area set up in printer_?
    Be sure the copier has its System Time set to the correct time of day.
    You will have to scroll down in System Settings on the newer model machines to locate the Date & Time Settings option.
    On the imageRUNNER series products, the date and time can be changed in one of two places:
    Additional Functions > System Settings > Date & Time Settings (Typically on the second screen of System Settings)
    Addtional Functions > Timer Settings > Date & Time

Windows Ver._?
    Make Firewall is not blocking File and Print share traffic._?

Note:
    If your imageRUNNER device was added to the directory for the domain, other non domain computers connected to the same network may or may not be able to use the imageRUNNER device.

The computers that are not part of the domain have a special consideration as far as SMB is concerned. At some point, one of them may become the Master Browser. When this happens, the imageRUNNER device may have trouble pushing to one or more of the domain computers.

If you should experience this, you may verify the condition by

1) Shut down the non domain computers by following the proper Windows Shutdown sequence and reboot the imageRUNNER.

2) While the non domain computers are shut down, you may monitor your SMB scanning capabilities.

3) Once you are satisfied that the imageRUNNER no longer has difficulties using SMB protocol, you may inquire of the IT person of the possibility of having the non domain computers join the domain.

This may or may not be possible and is the ultimate decision of the IT person who administers the network, but is something that may be considered.

If it is not possible to test the condition described above, you may verify the device is working by testing crossover with a laptop, or patch if your laptop does the crossover for you.
    Last edited by teckat; 12-16-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Cannot Browse the Network When Trying to Push Scan Using SMB
    😞
    When trying to send a file (push scan) to a remote computer using SMB, the Browse feature does not show any of the computers on the network. When the Browse button is selected, an empty browse window is displayed on the imageRUNNER LCD screen. There are no computers to select.

This problem seems intermittent. Sometimes it can browse the network, other times it sees nothing.
    😂
    This is a Windows browsing issue. The most likely cause is that the Windows computer acting as the Master Browser has gone offline without being properly shut down (ex. the network cable was pulled or the computer was not shutdown properly), or the copier has lost communication with the Master Browser. Properly shutting down the Master Browser computer will cause an election to occur to select a new Master Browser.
    One computer on a Windows network acts as the Master Browser, maintaining a list of the available network resources. It shares this information with the other computers on the network via broadcasts (updating what they see in Network Neighborhood). The Windows computers determine who will become the Master Browser by holding an election (a computer running the highest end or latest Windows OS usually wins this election and becomes the Master Browser). One Backup Browser is also elected. The other computers who lost the election become Potential Browsers. You can determine which computer is the Master Browser on your network by using a network scanning application. See the figure below for an example.

The imageRUNNER does not cache its browse list like a PC.
    When the Browse button is pressed, the copier must communicate with the Master Browser in order to display the resources available on the network. If it fails to get the required information from the Master Browser, you will get a blank browse window on the copier��s LCD screen.

If the Master Browser computer is offline, the other computers will detect its absence and will elect a new Master Browser once a predetermined timeout interval passes. Thus, simply waiting can correct this problem.

Some environments will avoid these browsing problems and decrease their broadcast traffic by using a WINS Server. In this environment, client PCs (and the copier) can be configured with the IP address of the WINS Server. Thus, they can send unicasts directly to the WINS Server instead of relying on broadcasts and the Master Browser. The WINS Server maintains the list of available network resources.

To correct a blank browse window on the copier LCD screen, try the following:

1. Try enabling SMB on the Canon device (ex. Additional Functions > System Settings > Network Settings > SMB Settings). Set the 'LM Announce' option to On. Reboot the Canon device. Note that this setting is not usually necessary, but may help in your specific environment.

2. If the network uses a WINS Server, configure the imageRUNNER with the IP address of the WINS Server (Hit Additional Functions, System Settings, Network Settings, TCP/IP Settings, WINS Configuration).

3. You can try rebooting one of the customer��s Windows computers to try to force a Master Browser election.

4. You can simply wait (ex. 15 minutes +). If the Master Browser is down, an election should occur after it times out.

* Note: Please be aware that Windows browsing issues are extremely complicated. A computer can be set in its Registry to not participate in these elections, or it can be set to try to force itself as the Master Browser. The network may have its traffic filtered (via routers, firewalls, etc) to prevent certain traffic or even certain information from traversing the network. There are many factors to be considered that are not mentioned in this article. Please note that browsing is NOT REQUIRED to successfully push scan a document over SMB. Destinations can manually be entered into the address book, allowing the users to push scan without manually entering the destination information each time.