Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    3570 had e540-8005 and then e540-8001 I think its alright now

Had the 540-8005 and that was gone with a new harness. Single tray was running up to the top. Never blew a fuse. Replaced the harness and a couple days later. 540-8001 that referances the paper tray sensor. Replaced that with the updated -020 flag sensor to block the light better.

I guess there were two problems because on the visit with 540-8001 the motor was just vibrating just before the paper tray sensing flag. When i moved it some it then tried to find position. I was going to replace that flag when i did the harness but didnt have time. This S1 finisher better be good to go. Anyone else experienced this. I also replaced most of the sensors just to be safe. The finisher comtroler had already been replaced by hytec and is the latest 12.03.

Comments?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

you have it all covered

just watch out for the M1 Motor/if it shorts out-it will take the finish controller with it
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I've only seen a few E540's on those internal finishers. And usually it was the cable routing or the tray was bent. Most were just slightly bent and I could just bend them back easily. It sounds like you got it fixed.

I had one though, the only one I've completely disassembled, that the E540 wouldn't go away and the tray was sagging something fierce. I actually completely removed the trays, and had to replace the left and right plate units for the tray. Getting the trays back in and aligned was like on the older NP finishers. Had to get just the right gear tooth on the right and left side so it was level. Good times.

The POS went into limit functions again with the motor vibrating are around the paper sensor flag. So paper just pushs out into tray like a mess. Going back with motor and a controler just in case.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Check the lower paper guide while you're in there. I've seen where the plastic can get chewed up on items#5 #6 #14, or #6 is missing or sticky. The gripper(#2) can get caught on the burrs and just vibrate while trying to home out.

s1fin.jpg

thanks for that. Doesnt seem to be the case here. Gripper system is smooth. Its the up action thats bad . m1 vibrates sometimes at around the home position to take paper onto the tray. So crappy motor after taking care of everything else.

The finisher controler version is up to -110 now. I know -060 is a must with 12.03 firmware. I hope canon learned from this kind of engineering!