Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon IR 5000d don't recognize hard drive

I had a problem with hard drive,and I took another(a new one) to install into copy machine.But every time when I try to do the HD format from SST,it tells me that hard drive not mached with machine.I took a new WD caviar blue(WD1600-AAJB) hard drive.I try to put the name of the hard disk model into text file in hd format directory on my PC,but,I got the same error when I try to do the HD format.Does anyone know what is the problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Do you have SST-HDD Not Found file? I suppose that could help you.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Yea edit the inf file correctly with the HDD parameters

Technician
    Yes,I am edit inf file,but still have a problem hard disk mistmatch.Is the problem with hard drive,becouse the capacity is 160 GB?
    I install this hard drive:
    Specifications for the 160 GB Caviar Blue EIDE drive (WD1600AAJB, WD1600AABB)
    and I correct the inf file,and I write in the hard drive name:WD1600-AAJB,but nothing happened.Still the same error.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

why are u putting a 160GB In this model/ that is a waste ??

go look in the inf file, pick out one of those HD old models-
    buy online> problem solved
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I had a problem with an HDD also, and bought what I thought was the right drive, but came in twice the size. Anyway, long story short, I used a program called Self-Image that "cloned" the drive and worked flawlessly. I have a copy if you need it...send your email address.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

SelfImage - Download

SelfImage is a utility that allows you to create images of hard drives or partitions. It's easy enough to use for beginners but features powerful functions normally only found in programs such as Norton Ghost.
    This is an excellent solution for anyone trying to create a dual-boot system as you can create an image backup of a Linux partition directly from Windows. You can create an image of an entire hard disk, including the master boot record, partition table, and all partitions as well as restore previously created images to any partition, even mounted ones, as long as it doesn't have open files. The utility is also specially adapted to take advantage of super fast processors such as multi core processors so it performs on-the-fly compression making this a particularly fast way to create images. For network administrators, there's also a useful Network Block Device support to make images of disks on remote machines, and restore them again. And considering all this is free ad released under an open source license, it's incredibly impressive considering things like Norton Ghost cost an arm and a leg.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Suggestion for dragic.
    I think combine uses of sst and disk utilities tool will help.
    1. Use disk ultilities tool to save old disk sector 0 data to image, transfer this image to new hard disk.( this is the data created by HD_Format)
    2. Use disk utilities tool to set HPA of new disk so that its LBA will appear to be same as old one.
    3. Mouth new disk to machine, continue to use sst to load firmware/software. (skip the HD_Format or ALL_-)

Technician
    Thank you,I will try to clone old hard drive with installed hd format.I have a few machines so I can try anything to do.But,in one month,I have two cases to have a problem with hard drive,and I had to replace them.So,I want to install a new hard drive,just to be shure that I will not have problems with it.