Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Paper jam error with no paper jam - where do I look?

Trained Copier Tech? Nope

Teckat, you have helped me out a couple times in the past and I really did, and do, appreciate all the help. I am not a trained copier tech. I explained in previous posts, I live in a remote corner of Northwest BC, near to the SE Alaska border. We only have one good tech around here and he doesn't work after hours. You might note all my requests for help are after hours. Terry Unrau, our local tech, is very good and has come out to service our machine, though I must admit not for a few months. I was asking him about this a week or two ago.

I'm kind of a 'dig in and figure it' out guy. Been tech-ing/mechanic-ing for over 30 years on everything from open pit mine equipment to generators and computers. Designed and installed windturbines, hydroelectric plants and photovoltaic panels with batteries and inverters. There is not a piece of technology I haven't tackled. I usually get it.

The bitch for me with this stuff is I don't have a tech manual. I don't even have a parts book to see what is called what. Hence my embarrassment when you said something like, "If you don't know what that is then you better call a tech."

When I get stuck I component change, thanks to having a couple spare IR550's in my garage. I am not a quitter, seldom ever give up on anything. I like winning.

This time though I am really stuck, can't get Terry here till Monday at least. He is usually booked up as he has to service 5 plus northern communities. Prince Rupert, Kitimat, Terrace, the Hazeltons and north, the Nisga'a (Nass valley) and more.

With my production schedule I should have two working machines, one for backup. I have found a spare working machine I might be able to get on the cheap. Then I could wait for the next morning, or Monday, to call Terry.

I was able to get the bare minimum printed before my parts changing proved fruitless and I resigned myself to putting down my tools and drinking copious quantities of beer.

Monday, I will betrying to drag Terry's ass up here to make sure I have two functioning units. The stress of being in the middle of production with a screwup has really cut into my beer budget. I think I will even look at having a third unit. That way I can have two units running, cutting the production time in half, with the third as a backup.

So thats my story.

And I'm sticking to it.

Look up Terrace, BC, Canada on Google Earth. Yeah, we're way up and over there!

And I really thank everyone here for the hints and help. Even if it wasn't the right answer every thing offered kept me looking and, up until last night, always worked out.

This morning I am a bit hungover, kinda thinking about tackling the problem again, and kinda not.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Nice country!Some day I com with my fisherman friends I hope.If you wont some tech material give me e- mail.For this case we need to know
    how many copies do you have and what technician done on last service.Try to investigate your issue with single copy and single paper source.
    Usually problems starts with bad pick ups and delivery rollers.

images1.jpg

images2.jpg

images3.jpg
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

That second pic is a nice overview of our town. Chetwynd is 9 hours drive, at least, east and north across the Rockies. Our news website is TerraceDaily.ca Every week in our sports section we have a new pic of a fresh caught beauty, much like the pic you posted. We (our news sites) are known for our very provocative writing in some sections. What we are really known f1_totems.jpgor (Terrace and the entire region called the Sacred Circle www.sacredcirle.ca) is the Totem Poles, Long Houses (Feast Halls) and Kermodei Bears. kermodie 1.JPG
    kermodie 2.JPG

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Try it with another "c"
    Sacred Circle
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Great Location>
    On This link u can view a iR600 Manual> same animal as iR550

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14987564/I...B-Rev-1-Final#
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Problem Resolved - Thanks

Thanks to all I was finally able to isolate the problem. After much parts changing and beer drinking, a nights sleep and another go at er, It seems to have come down to the exit mechanism to the finisher. I noticed a sheet attempting to go back to the duplex unit that was already printed on the second side. Had already changed the duplex unit, three sensors, electric motor the drives the delivery mode and finally the entire exit assembly.

Seems to work well now.

Thanks again.

And thanks to you Blackcat, and yes Sacredcircle.ca Not much of a website, just a map with the major rivers featuring a profile looking east surrounded by the last of the thriving North American Indian Culture. Some of these villages are still speaking their own native language. One Nisga'a Village just got a road into their town a few years ago. Still very much the way they were. Check this out