Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Still confused, why you want to "Cut Corners", when we have given you the solution
    All the problems you having will go away with a new printhead (And in the box you get the new firmware "FREE")

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Still confused, why you want to "Cut Corners", when we have given you the solution
    All the problems you having will go away with a new printhead (And in the box you get the new firmware "FREE")
    It's becoz of money. Your solution costs 500$ with "free" firmware.. -) My solution costs 0. What should I choose..??

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Heaven help you if youre using third party inks...they are print head killers. We have an IPF 8000s and an IPF 9000, and tried a set of third party inks in the 8000, and it was rough...needed a new print head in no time flat, and later found the prints lacked any archival quality what so ever (faded indoors with only ambient light). I understand economies, however, when these heads go bad you have to replace them or you end up out of business.

WOETC
    i understand why you want to save money, however these machines have an operating cost which users factor in to the charges for prints. Most people aren't using these for printing recipes at home.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Just to add emphasis... DO NOT USE THIRD PARTY INKS in these units. They are not the same. You loose a lot of your color fidelity, they dont usually dry properly, and they WILL DESTROY the heads. The savings on the ink is more than offset by the cost of the heads, and the ill will you create with your clients by producing an inferior product.