Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon IPF610 printhead overheat

Good day!
    Well, I'm printing a lot. At the nozzle print check magenta, cyan are absent full, yellow for a half; all blacks are fine. But plotter prints very slowly becoz of overheating colors nozzles. I need to print only black-white prints. Does anyone know about turning off overheating control of printhead pf-03 for Canon IPF610..??
    Thanx in advance!

best to replace the printhead
    If you have that amount of nozzles missing, you defo need a new one
    As you said, it's a PF03 for that printer

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adremby View Post
    Good day!
    Well, I'm printing a lot. At the nozzle print check magenta, cyan are absent full, yellow for a half; all blacks are fine. But plotter prints very slowly becoz of overheating colors nozzles. I need to print only black-white prints. Does anyone know about turning off overheating control of printhead pf-03 for Canon IPF610..??
    Thanx in advance!

Printhead Overheating Protection Control

0012-6501 This printer performs printhead overheating protection control when an abnormally high temperature is detected in the printhead.
    The printhead can overheat, for instance, when the print operation continues for some time with no ink supplied to the nozzles.
    The overheating protection control function prevents a print head nozzle from becoming clogged or damaged due to excessive heat.
    Overheating protection control is performed based on the temperatures detected by the head temperature sensors in the nozzle arrays. If overheating is detected in
    a single nozzle array, overheating protection control is performed at either of the following levels according to the temperature.

Protection level 1:

If the printhead temperature sensor detects a temperature above the limit, the carriage stops at the scan end position printer in the direction of travel according to
    the carriage's scan status.
    Then, wait control is performed to allow the printhead to cool naturally. When the printhead temperature drops below the prescribed value or 30 seconds have lapsed
    since detection of the abnormal temperature, printing resumes.

Protection level 2:

When the head temperature sensor detects an abnormally high temperature, printing stops immediately, the carriage is moved to the home position, and the printhead
    is capped. In this case, an error code is shown on the display.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

I'm talking about the cheap not about best. As u see, I said that all blacks are fine, why should I get new one pf-03 if I'm printing just white-black prints..??

2 zoraldinho:
    This manual I've read already. My printhead is going on protection level 1. but u can find some info on principal scheme about temperature sensors. This way I wonder. I'd like to choose by myself printhead out of operation or not.

WOETC
    No real way out without new printhead. Newer heads are tougher and come with a firmware upgrade,(though it's a few behind) which improves thermal characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by WOETC View Post
    No real way out without new printhead. Newer heads are tougher and come with a firmware upgrade,(though it's a few behind) which improves thermal characteristics.
    New heads needs new firmware..?? As I know - new firmware (1.36 and higher) will block printhead when some (? about quantity) nozzles get clogged. Coz I'm printing using non-original inks and a lot it's apeear for me in about month.
    Anyway I've had old firmware which just ask to press "online". Next step I've discribe above.
    "No real way".. exit exist always.. -)
    I wanna play with temperature sensor. Lets game begin.. -))

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Maintenance Kits are now assigned as service parts
    for all iPF models.
    TP08.pdf

DOWNLOADS FOR LARGE FORMAT PRINTERS

Canon in South & Southeast Asia
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

WOETC
    Good luck, I don't want to reverse engineer the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by WOETC View Post
    Good luck, I don't want to reverse engineer the firmware.
    I didn't talk about editing the firmware just about sending "right" signal to temperature sensor.