Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    Hello,

    I am trying to setup our Canon Image runner 2230 to be connected to our network. Currently, it is directly connected to one of the workstations via usb cord and the printer is shared. Everything works. We do have several people who stay late who have complained about not being able to print when that computer is turned off. I noticed that there was an Ethernet port to plug into. I've tried weekend after weekend to get this to connect, but have failed miserably. I am starting to lose faith and ANY advice would be much appreciated. I am not the IT department for my company but just a guy who is above average when it comes to computers.

    We recently purchased a TrendNet Print Server. Model TE100-P1U. When I connect everything, from the PS control panel, it shows the printer as connected but with the status OFFLINE. Can't figure out how to get it to work. I tried plugging directly into the network with the Ethernet cord, but can't figure it out. I've read other posts so, I don't know what Bootrom is running or the firmware. If you want to know anything else, please let me know and I can perform it. Even pictures if you want!

    ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL!!


  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,206
    Rep Power
    215
    iR2230-2830-3530 Network GU.pdfREAD

    UFR II Printer Kit-E3 or PCL/UFR II PrinterKit-E2 is installed.


    Printing (optional)*

    upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer
    * The optional UFR II Printer Kit is required.

    Remote User Interface (optional)*
    * The optional UFR II Printer Kit is required.

    Network Scanning (optional)*
    *The optional UFR II Printer Kit must be installed
    on your machine, and Network ScanGear software must be installed on your computer.

    Network Interface
    Machine can be connected to a
    network using Ethernet (standard equipment). Connecting to a network enables you to use utility software, including the Remote UI, NetSpot*, NetSpot Console, etc.
    NetSpot enables you to manage and make various settings for the printers and copiers connected to a network from a PC. NetSpot Console enables you to perform the same operations as NetSpot, but from a Web browser.
    *NetSpot and NetSpot Console can be downloaded from Canon's Web site
    (Canon U.S.A., Inc.).

    Mail Box Function (optional)*
    *The optional UFR II Printer Kit is required.


    Faxing (optional)*

    *The optional UFR II Printer Kit and Super G3
    Fax Board are required.


    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you for your prompt response. Is there a way to confirm if I have the UFR II installed?

    Note: I did notice that the printer name is ir2230 UFR II

    Last edited by y2bne1; 03-21-2011 at 11:47 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, from the pdf manuel you supplied, I was able to bring the printer online! But I am having trouble locating the printer to install. Looking through the manuel, it says that "Install the driver according to the following procedures indicated in the manual
    for each driver:
    If you want to use the UFR II printer driver
    See the procedure for dynamic installation in Chapter 2, "Getting Started," in the
    UFR II Driver Guide."

    Where can I locate the UFR II Printer Driver? A link would be amazing!

    Thanks!


  5. #5
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,206
    Rep Power
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by y2bne1 View Post
    Well, from the pdf manuel you supplied, I was able to bring the printer online! But I am having trouble locating the printer to install. Looking through the manuel, it says that "Install the driver according to the following procedures indicated in the manual
    for each driver:
    • If you want to use the UFR II printer driver
    See the procedure for dynamic installation in Chapter 2, "Getting Started," in the
    UFR II Driver Guide."

    Where can I locate the UFR II Printer Driver? A link would be amazing!

    Thanks!

    see Canon link below for 2230 drivers = Windows & Mac
    Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imageRUNNER 2230


    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, I can't say this enough. Thank you!! Your first post with the manual was a HUGE help!! Thanks so much! I was able to bring it online and install the driver and get it to test print.


  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,206
    Rep Power
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by y2bne1 View Post
    Well, I can't say this enough. Thank you!! Your first post with the manual was a HUGE help!! Thanks so much! I was able to bring it online and install the driver and get it to test print.

    ELVIS.jpg

    It's all about support , thanks

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  8. #8
    thetechguy
    Guest

    Re: iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    iR2230-2830-3530 Network GU.pdfREAD

    UFR II Printer Kit-E3 or PCL/UFR II PrinterKit-E2 is installed.


    Printing (optional)*

    upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer
    * The optional UFR II Printer Kit is required.

    Remote User Interface (optional)*
    * The optional UFR II Printer Kit is required.

    Network Scanning (optional)*
    *The optional UFR II Printer Kit must be installed
    on your machine, and Network ScanGear software must be installed on your computer.

    Network Interface
    Machine can be connected to a
    network using Ethernet (standard equipment). Connecting to a network enables you to use utility software, including the Remote UI, NetSpot*, NetSpot Console, etc.
    NetSpot enables you to manage and make various settings for the printers and copiers connected to a network from a PC. NetSpot Console enables you to perform the same operations as NetSpot, but from a Web browser.
    *NetSpot and NetSpot Console can be downloaded from Canon's Web site
    (Canon U.S.A., Inc.).

    Mail Box Function (optional)*
    *The optional UFR II Printer Kit is required.


    Faxing (optional)*

    *The optional UFR II Printer Kit and Super G3
    Fax Board are required.
    I have a customer who has a Canon IR 2230 and they were wanting to be able to print to it across the network. It has a network card on the side of it, but when I go onto the printer control panel and system settings, there is no network settings option. Does this mean that they do not have the required kit even though there is a network card on the machine or do I need to log onto the printer with some kind of "admin" id/password to see this feature?

    Thanks


  9. #9
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    15,206
    Rep Power
    215

    Re: iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    Network Settings only appear only when the appropriate optional equipment is attached.

    as in the UFR II Printer Kit---------------------------------------------------------

    do u receive a prompt that says
    Enter the System Manager ID and Password

    after u hit System Settings ?

    UFRII Printer Kit E3 INSTALL .pdf

    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  10. #10
    thetechguy
    Guest

    Re: iR2230 networking printer, setup question

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Network Settings only appear only when the appropriate optional equipment is attached. as in the UFR II Printer Kit--------------------------------------------------------- do u receive a prompt that says Enter the System Manager ID and Password after u hit System Settings ? UFRII Printer Kit E3 INSTALL .pdf
    It did not have the optional equipment. Thanks!


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here