Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar

Adding Fax on c3220

I've taken a working fax board assm and speaker from one c3220 (in shop) and put it on another c3220 (at cust).
    The cust machine does not have u-send but does have a C-1.
    I can now select the fax function and input a phone number but nothing happens (no sound or errors).
    Any suggestions?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Adding Fax on c3220

Quote Originally Posted by ReproKev View Post
    I've taken a working fax board assm and speaker from one c3220 (in shop) and put it on another c3220 (at cust).
    The cust machine does not have u-send but does have a C-1.
    I can now select the fax function and input a phone number but nothing happens (no sound or errors).
    Any suggestions?

Faxing (optional)*
    If the optional Super G3 FAX Board,Resolution Switching Board, and Fax Driver are installed, you can send facsimiles from your computer. Fax sending and receiving are only possible in black-and-white.
    *The optional Super G3 FAX Board and Resolution Switching Board are required.

You must Register This Machine's Fax Number
    1-Press (Additional Functions) [Communications Settings] [User Settings] under <Fax Settings>.
    2 -Press [Unit Telephone #].
    3 -Enter the unit's telephone number using - (numeric keys) press [OK].

also>
    Set Type of Telephone Line=(Additional Functions) [Communication Settings]-Press [User Settings] under <Fax Settings>Press [Tel Line Type] Select the type of telephone line press [OK]
    Set the Current Date and Time=(Additional Functions) [Timer Settings] Press [Date & Time Settings]-Enter the current date (month, day, year) and time using -(numeric keys).
    Register the Unit's Name
    -(Additional Functions) [Communication Settings]
    [TX Settings] under <Common Settings>.
    4 -Press [Done] repeatedly until the Fax Basic Features screen
    appears.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts ReproKev's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I definately didn't install the resolution switching board - I'm sure that will take care of it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Adding Fax on c3220

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Faxing (optional)*
    If the optional Super G3 FAX Board,Resolution Switching Board, and Fax Driver are installed, you can send facsimiles from your computer. Fax sending and receiving are only possible in black-and-white.
    *The optional Super G3 FAX Board and Resolution Switching Board are required.

You must Register This Machine's Fax Number
    1-Press (Additional Functions) [Communications Settings] [User Settings] under <Fax Settings>.
    2 -Press [Unit Telephone #].
    3 -Enter the unit's telephone number using - (numeric keys) press [OK].

also>
    Set Type of Telephone Line=(Additional Functions) [Communication Settings]-Press [User Settings] under <Fax Settings>Press [Tel Line Type] Select the type of telephone line press [OK]
    Set the Current Date and Time=(Additional Functions) [Timer Settings] Press [Date & Time Settings]-Enter the current date (month, day, year) and time using -(numeric keys).
    Register the Unit's Name
    -(Additional Functions) [Communication Settings]
    [TX Settings] under <Common Settings>.
    4 -Press [Done] repeatedly until the Fax Basic Features screen
    appears.
    We have had strange problems with these faxes in the workshop.

Usually with a canon fax fit it set the country in service mode and your good.

I have fitted hundreds of faxes to most of Canons models.

A while back I had a IRC3220 with the Resolution switching board board fitted and the machine would only send faxes and not receive.

Could this problem have been caused by any of the above?

Adding Fax on c3220

YES=
    U need to follow the Full procedure for FAX set up/ u can not skip a step

Also remember to

Turn off the “Check Dial Tone Before Sending” feature. Turning off this feature causes no problems and will not affect the sending or receiving of faxes.

Adding Fax on c3220

Quote Originally Posted by ReproKev View Post
    Thanks for the info. I definately didn't install the resolution switching board - I'm sure that will take care of it.

After installing Super G3 FAX Board, the ImageRUNNER C3200 / C3220 / C2620 will not transmit or receive>
    If in Service Mode, DISPLAY >ACC-STS > SEND indicates 0, then the Resolution Switching Board for the specific model is not installed or not recognized by the system. In either case make sure that the Resolution Switching Board is installed and seated correctly on the Main Controller PCI slot.

Resolution Switching Board-A1 (iR-C3200): 8202A001AA
    Resolution Switching Board-A2 (iR-C3220/2620): 8202A002AA

system.jpg

Adding Fax on c3220

How to expand Receive (RX) functions on a fax capable imageRUNNER
    Expanding the Receive RX functions
    to display and adjust the RX Mode, Incoming ring, Remote RX & Manual/Auto Switch and Auto/Manual RX.
    By default, these expanded RX functions are not enabled. These functions are not high priority items, but are useful in certain environments. The most familiar or most used item would be the Incoming Ring function. Here, you can control the number of rings it takes before the fax will answer. The other items such as RX Mode, Incoming Ring, Remote RX & Manual / Auto Switch are mainly used in an environment in which the phone line is shared.

There are two ways to expand the RX functions depending on the imageRUNNER model:

* If the imageRUNNER has a FAX based Service Mode: Enter Service mode>Special>Special SW><SW27 bit 7 to 1>

* On Standard imageRUNNER Service modes: Enter Service mode>FAX>NCU>SpecialB><SW27 bit 7 to 1>

Once SW 27 bit 7 is set to 1, power cycle the imageRUNNER, select Additional Functions > Communication Setting > Fax Settings > RX Settings. All expanded RX functions will now be displayed.

Note: The Auto/Manual RX setting is not listed under Additional Functions > Communication Setting > Fax Settings > RX Settings. These buttons are found under System Monitor > Fax > Received Job Status. Additionally, the Auto/Manual setting will not be available on the "two line" control panel displays (imageRUNNER 2016 / 2018 / 2020 / 2022). To change these models for "Manual RX", change the ring wait time. NCU > Auto RX > 006 = 2500 will change the incoming ring count to about 5.

knsjay

Re: Adding Fax on c3220

I installed fax board and res board works great but no sound ., where is the speaker installed .,

by the way great tips thanks so much

I found it ., under the cover above the pen and paper clip holder .,
    Last edited by knsjay; 07-29-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Adding Fax on c3220

Re: Adding Fax on c3220

Quote Originally Posted by knsjay View Post
    I installed fax board and res board works great but no sound ., where is the speaker installed .,

by the way great tips thanks so much

I found it ., under the cover above the pen and paper clip holder .,
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;