Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Proper Handling the Developing Assemblies in Order to Prevent Image Quality Issues

Thumbs up Proper Handling the Developing Assemblies in Order to Prevent Image Quality Issues

Proper Handling the Developing Assemblies in Order to Prevent Image Quality Issues------------------------Serial Numbers Affected:ALL
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7055 -All
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7065 -All
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9065PRO -All
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075PRO -All
    imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5000 Series -All
    imageRUNNER C3100 Series -All
    imageRUNNER C6800 Series -All
    imageRUNNER C3200 Series -All
    imageRUNNER C3380 Series -All

see pub>>>>TP10-1.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Proper Handling the Developing Assemblies in Order to Prevent Image Quality Issues

Proper handling is 90 % of susses.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Technician
    anyone ever get new bad units Cyan and megenta?

worker drone 250+ Posts
    I personally thought the bulletin was a crock. Canon has not figured out a good way to ship these items full. When you open the bag, there is as much developer on the outside of the unit as is left still inside. They really need to ship the dev units dry and develope a system to install the developer in the field. I understand their idea that if they offer the two seperate, people will buy the dV without the units but I think that if they only sell them with a DV unit packaged with a bag of Developer, it is the techs fault if they try and shorcut it and use old units. The engineer that projected the developer life expectancy for these units still belives in Santa Clause and the toothe fairy too. They missed by a mile!

Technician
    The developer is spilling out ? I think thats what happened to these. is the seal cheap or something? I tried to brake apart an old one to figure it out.

worker drone 250+ Posts
    They come sealed in a foil bag with plugs at all openings and seals around the mag roller but they are not even close to being sealed up well enough to handle a UPS trip. I just think it is a little insulting that they issue a bulletin on how to handle them. And yes, the most common failure is that they will run short of developer especially at the non operator side. This will show up first as a particular color missing at that side of the copies if they print a full coverage page, or the machine will run the color registration way out of whack trying to adjust itself for a color that it can't read at the far outside edges. Machine level, all settings correct, this is just a design error in my opinion. There is not enough developer in the units for the projected life expectancy. I believe that they need to re-think the developer life expectancy and devise a plan to change the carrier along with shipping new units dry. Just my two cents.