Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zdiver

Question Help with IR2200 install

First post so greetings everyone!

I have a client that inherited an IR2200 from the prior tenant. The idea is to share it from their W2k server so the 10 to 15 XP and Mac users can access it's printing functions. I have downloaded PCL5/6 drivers and setup the 2200 with an IP address in their private network, however after installing the printer using the instructions given on the README file that comes with the drive I have not been able to get it printing correctly yet. It has printed a 100 or so pages of giberish once but that's the closest I've gotten.

Does anyone here know where I may be able to find the original installer for this printer/copier/fax or have any direct experience setting one of these up?

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    First thing you need to do is to check that the machine is a network printer by going into level 1 diagnostics and checking the version>BootRom: The Version number should be followed by a "N". If it's followed by a "C", its not a printer, but a copier and you'll need to get a Printer Upgrade Boot Rom Chip. If it is a printer, you need to make sure you have the PCL driver for XP. The machine is it's own print server and I've seen strange things happen if you set the printer up running from a network print server. I feel the best way to set it up would be to set up an IP printing port on each host computer and load the PCL driver from there. If that doesn't work, try using the UFR (Ultra Fast Rendering) Driver. Another thing. I've found that the PCL 6 driver has problems in some cases, so use the PCL 5 driver.

Let us know what happens and good luck.

zdiver

Thumbs up Ahh, diagnostix???

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but how would one get into the Level 1 diagnostic mode to check it's an N printer? ; )

For what it's worth, while attempting to troubleshoot this thing I setup some other driver(maybe a IR 3300 PCL 6) on the w2k server and it started shooting off pages like mad when I sent a test page. The problem was it looked like PS or something so I figured it was the wrong driver however since then I've not been able to get it to print anything. Jobs just sit in the queue until they error out now.

Thanks for the PCL5e tip. After I determine it's an N series printer I'll try those drivers and setting up an IP port with the drivers on each machine.

Would they really be missing anything if they didn't have the Mailbox software and that stuff installed?

Thanks!

To get into Diagnostics, you enter : *(the Additional Functions Asterisk) followed by 2 and 8 simultaneousy and the *(Additional Functions Asterisk) again. That will take you to the initial screen where you'll see an Icon that says "Version". That's where you'll find the Software version levels. Scroll through until you see the BootRom version.

Once you load the driver software on the host machine if it's a printer, you'll be able to print to it if it's a printer. It sound like it is if it printed anything out. You just have to get your drivers right. For the Mac Hosts, you may need to use LPD Printing to set those up because I've seen many cases where the IP Printing function won't work with Macs.

Please keep us informed.

P.S.: Unless your client has secure printing needs, they probably won't miss the mailbox function. It's just convenient for storing documents on the machine for later use.

zdiver

Exclamation Boot-Rom version is 07.25N

Copierguy,

it's a network printer alright. I've tried installing the drivers I found at the Canon site for PCL5e on an XP machine with no luck. When I added the IP port through the Add Printer wizard it said it couldn't find the device and asked me to select the network card. I chose Canon Network Printer although there were several similar choices. Any ideas?

Hank hank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver View Post
    Copierguy,

it's a network printer alright. I've tried installing the drivers I found at the Canon site for PCL5e on an XP machine with no luck. When I added the IP port through the Add Printer wizard it said it couldn't find the device and asked me to select the network card. I chose Canon Network Printer although there were several similar choices. Any ideas?

Hank hank ya!
    OK, here's how you do it. Select Add Printer Wizard> Select Local Printer, do not auto detect> Select create a new port, from drop down menu, select Standard TCP/IP Port> Enter Static IP address of printer> From there select the driver you downloaded from the Canon website. The rest is standard operating procedure.

Good Luck and let me know how it worked out.

zdiver

Thumbs up Success at last!

I think the add printer wizard asked about the type of network interface because it could not solicit any response from the printer's IP address.

Once I realized that I could not ping the printer, and that pings from it weren't working either, though they were in the beginning I had to double check the IP settings, ethernet cables and reboot the printer before it finally started pinging again. At that point, all further attempts to create IP ports did not request anything out of the ordinary so I was able to follow standard procedures and, yeah, it all worked out fine.

BTW, I did end up using the PCL5 drivers.

And looking back, I honestly could'nt put my finger on anything different that I did from the first time around except use the 5e drivers from the website below as opposed to the PCL 6 drivers I found elsewhere on their site.

Canon U.S.A

Thanks a million Copierguy for your support. If I hadn't found this forum, I don't know where I would have turned.

No Problem. Glad it worked out for you.

CAMQ

Networking issue for 2 x CANON IR2200

We have added on an additional Canon IR2200 to our existing network (currently running Mac OS and XP) and have had no issues with our existing IR2200 networked thoughout. The additional 2nd IR2200 has the following settings and boot rom.

PS/PCL 30.06
    LIPS _
    MN-CONT 45.01
    BOOT-ROM 23.40N
    DIAG DVC _
    RUI 32.03
    PUNCH _
    LANG EN 33.01

The issues are:
    1. Unable to install or be seen on network
    2. "check TCP/IP" always displayed on front panel

This is what we have done so far:

- A new network PCB and boot rom where fitted to the 2nd IR2200, PCL5e software driver was installed directly from Canon website
    - Installation was attempted on both the Windows and Mac systems both as a newtork printer and as a local printer, failed to find and connect.

This IR2200 was purchased from a previous owner, the management ID and password are lost, not sure if this is affecting the installation.

The major difference between the two IR200's is that the existing one has the following settings and devices installed and works perfectly:

MN-CONT 20.01
    BOOT ROM 07.25N
    RUI 20.01

Any advice would be grately appreciated

CAMQ

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMQ View Post
    We have added on an additional Canon IR2200 to our existing network (currently running Mac OS and XP) and have had no issues with our existing IR2200 networked thoughout. The additional 2nd IR2200 has the following settings and boot rom.

PS/PCL 30.06
    LIPS _
    MN-CONT 45.01
    BOOT-ROM 23.40N
    DIAG DVC _
    RUI 32.03
    PUNCH _
    LANG EN 33.01

The issues are:
    1. Unable to install or be seen on network
    2. "check TCP/IP" always displayed on front panel

This is what we have done so far:

- A new network PCB and boot rom where fitted to the 2nd IR2200, PCL5e software driver was installed directly from Canon website
    - Installation was attempted on both the Windows and Mac systems both as a newtork printer and as a local printer, failed to find and connect.

This IR2200 was purchased from a previous owner, the management ID and password are lost, not sure if this is affecting the installation.

The major difference between the two IR200's is that the existing one has the following settings and devices installed and works perfectly:

MN-CONT 20.01
    BOOT ROM 07.25N
    RUI 20.01

Any advice would be grately appreciated

CAMQ
    System software has not been correctly installed on your copier.

MN-CONT is 45.01 implies that you should have 26.44N for BOOT-ROM. RUI should be v42.01. Language should be v45.01. Some of the other numbers may be wrong too, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

If you're still having problems this could be the issue. You need SST (Service Support Tool), IR2200N firmware and either a nethawk (special canon usb-to-parallel) cable or a IEEE1284 parallel cable. If you need help upgrading the firmware post back.