Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR4750 error code: E000024-0001?

It refer to toner sensor, can be cleared ? or need to change toner sensor!!! any ideas???

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Assaf View Post
    It refer to toner sensor, can be cleared ? or need to change toner sensor!!! any ideas???

E024-0001 Error Code:

Toner gets in the developing assembly toner sensor (TS1) and may be shorting out the sensor. Blow out any toner in the sensor wiring and check to see if measure resolved the symptom. The toner level sensor has an open-circuit, replace the toner sensor.
    Toner Sensor FK2-0358

However, re-attachment of the sensor also solves the symptom.

When the symptom has occurred, make the following selections in service mode [COPIER > I/O > DC-CON] and check the setting for the bit1 of [P021]. If the setting is "1", re-attach the toner sensor.

One problem found has been the toner sensor scraper blade in the developer not making contact with the surface of the toner sensor.
    To check the toner sensor scraper blade first set up a work area. Lay out several sheets of 11 x17 paper on the work surface. Disassembling the developer is a messy job. Remove the upper cover of the developer and then rotate the developer in a counter clock wise direction. Basically the cylinder should rotate so the toner is scraped off of the cylinder by the developer blade.
    If it is rotated in the wrong direction a large amount of toner will adhere to the developer cylinder and makes a mess.
    The toner sensor is located on the on the outside of the developer and part of it goes through the wall of the developer unit.
    developer.jpg
    Next look at the inside surface of the developer where the toner sensor is mounted while rotating the developer cylinder in the correct direction. There is a mylar scraper sheet that needs to touch the inside surface of the developer wall. In the image below the inside surface of the developer wall is being touched by the mylar scraper blade. If the blade is damaged or broken off the toner will not be cleaned off of the sensor and give the error code E024. If the blade is the problem the developer will need to be replaced.
    The part number for the developer is FM2-0287-010.
    dev.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Great pixs Teckat.Wow you are detailed, I had this problem once or twice , Customer bought generic toner in both of my cases.For Use In .It was not the K brand.I can tell you that.One other thing, the developer was completely packed with toner.In my case ,machines only had less than 100K . Installed OEM toner,Have'nt gone back since. My machine was a ir3025.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    its called knowledgebase! (canon's website_). but this fixed mine just a couple of days ago. where the connector plugs into the dev. ass'y in the front mine had toner covered on one side of connector cleaned that off and also took sensor out and put it back and copiers been running since. I couldnt even get one copy without it going into error code.

Quote Originally Posted by apump View Post
    its called knowledgebase! (canon's website_). but this fixed mine just a couple of days ago. where the connector plugs into the dev. ass'y in the front mine had toner covered on one side of connector cleaned that off and also took sensor out and put it back and copiers been running since. I couldnt even get one copy without it going into error code.

Knowledgebase is helpful sometimes/

I also have a wealth of my own photos that I have taken over the years/
    I keep a Log Book of Photos on many issues shown in detail , especially on all Color Products. It is a good teaching tool.

showed this book to a Canon Senior rep./ he offered to buy it/ Sorry No Sale-

When the 5180 first started with the fuser belt shredding/& tearing/ I sent the pictures of a dismantled Fix belt unit , to show how the thermistor face had no covering over metal face/
    it would rip up the plastic coating on inside metal roller & bunch up causing tears in belt

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Teckat for the info, greatly appreciated. I am also interested in that book, How about barter? Ha-ha

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

LOL,Good stuff,Lets see looks like one 50, one 20 say another 20 and a 20 one the bottom of the left stack. and plain 20lb bond paper in between,let me get my trusty calculator,my addition comes out to $110.00 in US dollars,Sold to me.Ship ASAP,I will pickup shipping, Nice doing business with You.