Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

IR1025if Network Settings

I set up a new IR1025if last week and I found some strange things when setting up the network settings.
    I turned DHCP off and input the IP address given to me by the IT tech. for the office I was at. This was done under the "network settings" heading (number 9 I believe). When I was having problems setting up the print drivers I went to confirm that the address was correct I went to "display IP address" and found that it was not the address I had input. Went back to the "network settings" and found that the IP address WAS the one I had input.
    What gives? We don't do a lot of Canon (although we are a dealer) so I have very little experience setting one up on network.

Technician 250+ Posts
    I suspect you forgot to power cycle after you set the IP. System will not know so it prints the old IP. After power cycle changes should be reflected.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by costd View Post
    I suspect you forgot to power cycle after you set the IP. System will not know so it prints the old IP. After power cycle changes should be reflected.
    Nope, tried power cycling after setting the IP, same result

I was able to get it printing using the IP address that was there but I am just curious as to why it says one thing in the IP setup menu and another thing in the config. ?

Technician
    That document may help although it is a different display. The 1025 has a smaller display without touch screen.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    When you print out the data list in service mode:

#REPORT

#REPORT OUTPUT

SYSTEM DATA LIST

around page 6 or 7 it lists the IP that is setup in the copier. Does the printout reflect the correct IP you want entered?

Technician
    Gensys, what I meant was, the document you referred me to does not address my question specific to the IR 1025.........I am familiar with internet protocol (IP)!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    When you print out the data list in service mode:

#REPORT

#REPORT OUTPUT

SYSTEM DATA LIST

around page 6 or 7 it lists the IP that is setup in the copier. Does the printout reflect the correct IP you want entered?
    I have not looked. As stated above, I do not do a lot of Canon even though we are a dealer and most of the Canon machines we do are not networked. I'm just trying to get my head around this machine.

Technician
    I am really not sure what a sales brochure has to do with my question. Please stop posting things I can't use.

Service Manager 250+ Posts gensys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Innov8tive1 View Post
    I have not looked. As stated above, I do not do a lot of Canon even though we are a dealer and most of the Canon machines we do are not networked. I'm just trying to get my head around this machine.
    For this year in a network & internet has included many models of Canon iR & I see it function without issues.
    Chek all IP & reboot your mashin
    The Road will be Mastered by >>> the Going...

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Innov8tive1 View Post
    Nope, tried power cycling after setting the IP, same result

There are 2 power switches on this model which one did you use to cycle power?

There are only 2 reasons it won't hold the settings. One is bad firmware, but since you can print I don't think that's the issue.

The other and most common is using the "on/off" button control panel, which doesn't lock in the changes. It has to be the "main" switch on the right side.