Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iR5065 - E611-000 Code

Hi,

I have an iR5065 with a E611-000 code. According to my info it is a SRAM failure. What bothers me, is that the machine works fine if you disconnect the optional fax kit. This is the second machine that i've had with the same error in 2 days. The first was a iRC2380i, only a week old. Customer didnt want me to fix it, they demanded a replacement. Still waiting for that one to be collected and returned to my workshop for investigation. Nonetheless, i picked up on this one as well, that if you disconnect the Fax it works.

Other than disconnecting and reconnecting Boards and connectors, which is how we came across that disconnecting the fax helps, we've also tried replacing fax kits, resetting the MN-CON. Tomorrow I'll be trying System Software. I was supposed to do it today, but today was just one of those where nothing went right... Damn laptop crashed while starting it up to do the download.

If anybody ever had this and knows what the problems is, or if anybody just has some ideas, please assist.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iR5065 - E611-000 Code

reload your firmware on both machines. I have seen all kinds of issues where the V1 and V2 firmwares do not play well together and you very well could be dealing with that. The fax boards sit on the shelfs and are still at V1 and the machines will be at V2 causing the E611 error codes
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    iR5065 - E611-000 Code

There is a limitation to install a new FAX Board to the iR5055/5065/5075.

Due to the change of the Super G3 Fax Board-Z3 Fax modem, the main body firmware needs to be
    upgraded if the firmware version of the main body is v41.01 or before.The same thing is with irc2380.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    iR5065 - E611-000 Code

Charm my man,How are you?

Be cool
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR5065 - E611-000 Code

Many Firmware tech pubs. always list on last pages about Fax conflicts and changes that need to be made after upgrading.
    Introducing v55.01.01 V3 for the imageRUNNER 5050/ 5050N/ 5055/ 5065/ 5075 V3 Copiers
    READ PDF>>>>TP10_225.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iR5065 - E611-000 Code

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Charm my man,How are you?

Be cool
    I'm good Z. How's life in your world? Not hitting the bars to early now right?!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Thanks for all the tips and info, but i've tried all of it including upgrade to v3 system software. still no joy

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I have experienced this joy only once, on a iiRC2880, and replacing the SRAM did in fact resolve that issue. Possible double dose of bad luck???

Only the shadow knows...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR5065 - E611-000 Code

Quote Originally Posted by TA_Tech View Post
    Thanks for all the tips and info, but i've tried all of it including upgrade to v3 system software. still no joy

where did u get these FAX KIT's from ????
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I got them from the local convenience store on the corner....... Same place where we get all our equipment from. Imported from the OEM in Europe. I highly doubt the problem is on the fax kits though, at least not the one on the iRC2380i. I took that fax kit to my office and hooked it up to a new machine that was in the process of being set up and it worked perfectly.

I also opted to change the SRAM on the affected machine, and actually got as far as fitting the new SRAM to the device, and i'm sure as you all know, doing so causes a loss of settings, and while in the process of re-configuring the machine so that the customer can push through the usual URGENT print, because its not just a copier its a life support machine, i was called into the directors office who basically gave me two options (1) replace the device (2) or strap it to my back and wire a refund into his account. SO, i didnt even get a chance to test if the SRAM worked because at the time i hadnt hooked up the fax kit yet. Will test when it arrives in our workshop.

As for the 5065 with the same error, I'll have to wait for that one to come in as well. Customer refuses further repair attempts until they have a loan unit, even though they have 13 other MFD's, two of them right next to the big boy 5065. If anybody wants to post more tips and ideas that would be great. Alternatively I'll post the remedy once i have figured it out.