Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yay, it works!! Must have been a loose connection. Checked a bunch of stuff with multimeter and lifted it up on a Table for better access, and it booted up and prints nicely. Thanks y'all for the help, I appreciated it. You were very helpful. I now have a printer that works!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon c3170i no power after replacing fuser

It's all about following a procedure:

a way of acting or progressing in a course of action, especially an established method.
    checkList.jpggood luck on your find/
    do u know what connector it was ???
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have no idea what connector it was, as i was trying to figure it out, i checked a few things, checked it, didnt work. So i lifted it on a table (it was moved from shop to home AFTER it stopped working) and after i lifted it on table it worked, i have no idea what i did besides leaving it unplugged for a few days and wiggling and testing wires.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Van Steal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crwoo View Post
    I have no idea what connector it was, as i was trying to figure it out, i checked a few things, checked it, didnt work. So i lifted it on a table (it was moved from shop to home AFTER it stopped working) and after i lifted it on table it worked, i have no idea what i did besides leaving it unplugged for a few days and wiggling and testing wires.
    You Lucky Bastard Well done

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    "Put it up on a table" and here I am actually trying to fix them when there was an easy answer all along. Nice work. I would either make sure no one ever bumps into it or try to find out what is loose. couldn't help getting a chuckle out of that one.
    Is the glass half full or half empty? I say neither. The glass is obviously full, full of potential. The potential to hold more water or the potential to quench a thirst. Life is all about how you see it.