Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Canon c3170i no power after replacing fuser

    Hi, i have a c3170i that was working good before replacing the fuser (aside from the fuser making lines) and i replaced the fuser. didn't make any mistake, replacing fuser went smoothly. Problem is after i replaced fuser the machine does not power on, i can here a zzz tick every time i power it on coming from the back of the machine, and the power light goes on. THATS ALL.

    it powered on once after toggling power switch a hundred times.
    are there any buttons i can hold to get into some diagnostic mode or something?
    What could be the problem? any help would be appreciated.


  2. #2
    Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Enfield, Ct
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    19
    Re check everything you did
    make sure you didn't forget to plug something
    hopefully you didn't fry the machine
    if all else fails reinstall the old fuser and see what happens
    sounds like something unplugged or plugged in wrong
    unplugged usually no problem
    plugged in wrong usually a BAD THING HAPPENED


  3. #3
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon c3170i no power after replacing fuser

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by crwoo View Post
    Hi, i have a c3170i that was working good before replacing the fuser (aside from the fuser making lines) and i replaced the fuser. didn't make any mistake, replacing fuser went smoothly. Problem is after i replaced fuser the machine does not power on, i can here a zzz tick every time i power it on coming from the back of the machine, and the power light goes on. THATS ALL.

    it powered on once after toggling power switch a hundred times.
    are there any buttons i can hold to get into some diagnostic mode or something?
    What could be the problem? any help would be appreciated.
    Check the temperature in the service mode.Probably fixing issue.

    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    There's no such thing as a free lunch
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0
    nothing can be plugged in wrong, connectors dont match,and i didnt unplug anything besides fuser.
    checked connections, everything is right.
    service man told me to try to UNPLUG the fuser,and machine should power on giving fuser alarm. unplugging fuser didnt make difference.


    zoraldinho
    how do i get in service mode if screen does not go on? only power light goes on.


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Van Steal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Check the temperature in the service mode.Probably fixing issue.
    If he could do that he wouldn't have a problem..lol..try fitting the old fuser to see if that fixes it. If it does and your happy it was fitted correctly, your lamps could be broken in the new fuser..


  6. #6
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon c3170i no power after replacing fuser

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Steal View Post
    If he could do that he wouldn't have a problem..lol..try fitting the old fuser to see if that fixes it. If it does and your happy it was fitted correctly, your lamps could be broken in the new fuser..
    Is it something funny to you in my post dude?

    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    There's no such thing as a free lunch
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Van Steal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Is it something funny to you in my post dude?
    Well you did ask him/her to check service mode but the device is not switching on..I sence I may of offended you, if I did apologies as that was not my intention


  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0
    help anyone?


  9. #9
    Indentured Servant 500+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    865
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by crwoo View Post
    ... i can here a zzz tick every time i power it on...it powered on once after toggling power switch a hundred times.
    There is a short in your new fuser. Send it back as defective and exchange it for a new one.


  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0
    shouldnt it then power on without fuser plugged in? Canon cant take it back because they didnt install it, and its not a user replaceable part. clowns


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here