Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Another thing to check, are you sure you have 2 ir5000's? Depending on the version of the main controller, there is a 5000/5000n and a 5000d/5000dn which look identical but take different system software. I believe the only way to tell them apart is with the SST or possibly a sticker on the inside of the door.
    Thank you
    Yes they are identical, as the same HD is working on both machines,
    Please, give me SST, if you have?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    the same HD is working on both machines
    Ha, solution now clear.
    1. Use SST. or 2. Think a way to clone properly.

Service Manager 250+ Posts gensys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gensys View Post
    Active Boot CD
    Disk & Partition Clone
    Acronis Boot CD
    Acronis Disk Clone, Acronis True Image

But you should understand perfectly that do.......
    Also that such sector, partition & file system.
    Otherwise it is possible to damage a disk and all data on it......

Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 e-Manual - Using the MEAP Driver for USB Input Device Connections
    When I bought iR6570 from me was not SST, I had only PM,PC,IG, but one I knew precisely an essence of all problems are errors of iR and its HDD/firmware and started to search for a software from Canon Systems & Technical Support Division long and tiresomely but in vain, there is such manual4you(member) it suggested me it to buy from it > I asked to present to me SST but in vain. Then I took a disk made image on a disk 80 Gb tried also all works without problems.
    It is necessary to know - as well as what to do......
    And it is possible to buy always Anything you like
    I think a subject becomes interesting......
    Last edited by gensys; 04-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    The Road will be Mastered by >>> the Going...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IR 5000 Hard Disk Clone - Help Required

mfdarvesh you may ask nicely in private msg for the firmware and SST. About the SST procedure search at this forum and you may get the way more understanding on using it. As you know im not high rank enough to share with and i asked from them too. cheers ~

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Rank has nothing to do with sharing, at least not in my eyes,,, we are instructed under penalty of losing our Canon website credentials not to share the software and manuals with non-certified personnel. The best reason I can think of for doing that is so that Canon can protect it's dealer network, who have invested huge sums of money in their business, from inroads made by non certified people trying to take away some of their business.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Another thing to check, are you sure you have 2 ir5000's? Depending on the version of the main controller, there is a 5000/5000n and a 5000d/5000dn which look identical but take different system software. I believe the only way to tell them apart is with the SST or possibly a sticker on the inside of the door.
    I had this very thought as I was reading the thread just before D.L.P.'s posting. I have 3 different system software categories to choose from when I use SST on the 5000 series...

iR5000-6000 v20.01

iR5000d-6000d v82.03

iR5000i-6000i v48.02

Technician 250+ Posts
    MrFixIt is right - at least for me. A poster's ranking has nothing to do with my responses or willingness to try and assist. It is my choice not to give software or manuals we pay for away. Any ideas, info, or short tech pub posting are one thing, copyright materials are another.

I am watching this thread because I have seen other posts claiming to have great success cloning HDDs - but have not been able to verify the process. I was (note was) interested in cloning when I was asked about loading iR2200 SSW on 45 new HDDs. Ended up having to calculate time based on using the SST. Project sort of vanished. Still courious though.

Technician
    A good news is that, I was able to clone a similar drive with Paragon Partition Backup this evening. Both were 20 GBs, original as well another one.

But a guy, who was not professional Canon technician, cloned so many HDs of different capacities than original
    but he don't told me what trick he has played.

Wondering what was rocket science he used? One thing is clear, he was not having any SST with him

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IR 5000 Hard Disk Clone - Help Required

Sharing the experience is the most expensive value than keeping experience for yourself. Thats why i love this forum, within a short period you can learn alot of things here

Technician
    Yes, it is expensive
    Me trying to learn by myself that rocket science