Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    cooper

Missing offset settings ir7105 with ImagePASS S2

Hi,

we formerly had Canon ImageRunners ir105 with ImagePASS M1 controllers and were very happy with this combination.

Now we have switched to ir7105 and ImagePASS S2 and we noticed, that we can not change the x and y offsets over the remote ui anymore. This was a great feature because you were able to adjust the position very precise.Where has it gone ?

Regards
    Volker

Remote UI, are you refering to the print driver or Command Workstation? If it is the driver, you may wanna update to the one downloadable from the Fiery (type in the IP in a web browser). As the one I am using has the Image Shift through the driver. If you are talking about Command Workstation then you may wanna update that one as well. Either by downloading CWS 5.2 from EFI or use CWS 4 downloadable from the Fiery itself. Hope this helps.

cooper
    Hi,

with 'Remote UI' I am referring to the web interface. e.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 . The good thing on changing the offset over the web interface was, that I was able to set the offset after I sent the job to the controller.

Regards
    Volker

Gottcha. Have you tried Command Workstation? Allows you to do everything to the job after you have sent it to the fiery. Like I said in my earlier post you can download it for both Mac or PC from the Fiery itself. I highly recommend it over the web interface. Unfortunately doesn't work in Linux and the mobile interface last I heard was still in the works at EFI (unless they dropped that idea).

Respectfully,
    Larry

cooper
    Hi Larry,

I will give CWS a try, but the benefit changing the margins over the web interface was, that those setting are not job dependant. So once the settings are done, I dont have the change it in the next simiplar jobs.

Regards
    Volker

Cooper, I just ran across a dialog in command workstation that may be what you are looking for. In CWS they refer to it as Tray Alignment. Haven't used it myself but on CWS 5 it's under the Device Center Tab, tools sub tab. Hope this makes your life a bit easier.