Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC5185i E000202-0101

Re: Canon IRC5185i E000202-0101

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Thanks for the info, I did look over that adjustment before I went the first time, and tweaked the tension just slightly, put it all back together and same thing happens. My question is, do I need to put the baffles and cover back on, or can I just cheat the door switch for testing. Usually I would just leave the front cover off and try to see if the CIS glass would attempt to move or listen for motor to engage.

Also what should the voltage be for the m6 motor (12v?), and will the motor attempt to engage if the HP sensor is bad?

Is it normal for that green light on the DF cover to to keep blinking?

Thanks again!
    -mntech
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Power supply
    The machine receives the 2 systems (24V, 13V) of power supply from the reader unit.
    24V is mainly used by the motor, clutch and solenoid.
    The 16V power is generated via the DC converter circuit and used in the inverter.
    Four kinds of voltage (12V, 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.8V) are generated from the system 13V via the four DC converter circuits (DC-DC converter circuits 1 to 4). They are used for the following loads and elements.
    12V: CIS unit
    5V: Sensor
    3.3V, 2.5V, 1.8V: IC inside the PCB

M6
    = 12v ?
    ------J214
    I/O > FEEDER Pert Check- MTR-CHK>5
    m6.JPG

Verify the operation of M6 and PI13 and replace parts consequently.

[1] Check M6 in PART CHECK> MTR-CHK> 5 for operation and verify the connection of J214 on ADF Driver PCB (PCB7).
    [2] Check for PI13 sensor state in service mode FEEDER>I/O > P006 - 6 (0:HP) and verify the connection of J412 on ADF Controller PCB (PCB1).

PI13 - CIS glass moving HP Sensor WG8-5593-000
    M6 - CIS glass moving motor FK2-3715-000
    PCB1 - ADF controller PCB FM3-0369-000

The original placement indicator goes on when an original is placed in the original tray, and it flashes to indicate the presence of a jam.

The machine uses the original detection sensor (PI5) to check the presence/absence of an original in the original tray.

When an original is placed on the tray, the detecting lever operates in conjunction with the light-blocking plate, during which the light-blocking plate blocks the light of the photo interrupter. As a result, the original detection sensor (PI5) generates the original detection signal (EMP_S), which will cause the DADF controller PCB to turn on the original placement indicator.

did ucheck in service mode for any Jams (under Display) presence/absence of a jam is identified in terms of whether there is paper over a particular sensor
    JAM.JPG

check all your jam sensors and their operation. The sensors within this DADF use reflective sensors thus they need to reflect off a plastic mirror above or below them.

-DADF controller drives M6 when necessary and moves the CIS glass.

Usual Canon nonsense
    0101=Backside reading glass (CIS) HP error
    The HP cannot be detected in the detection (outward) of the HP position
    of the backside reading glass (CIS).
    - Replace the CIS glass shift HP sensor (PI13).
    - Replace the CIS glass shift motor (M6).
    - Replace the ADF controller PCB.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Junior Member sacramentobuzzard's Avatar

Cool Re: Canon IRC5185i E000202-0101

Hey all, not sure if anyone is still having trouble with this, but I encountered a 4551i with this same error. ended up being this broken piece of the scanner unit (see photo). Right around the shifting glass that you can access from the front of the doc feeder once you remove the cover. Piece did not look broken at first, but saw that it was wiggling when turning the front gears to shift glass. These new Canon DADF's are money makers!

IMG_2672.JPG