Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post IR2520 constantly saying load paper

Hi guys.. I'm kinda stumped.. I've been called in to fix a Canon IR 2520 that doesnt want to feed. A senior tech checked the wiring throughout the feed/pickup unit (clutches, dc wiring)... the cassette is set right.. i even changed the Main Board (ip board) and upped the firmware on the DC/engine board.. the stack bypass also doenst want to feed.. the bypass does detect the paper, so the sensors are working, however it doesnt feed and goes into jam.. the cassette always says load paper and there is no pickup. Could my DC be cooked? has anyone had this problem before? you assistance will be greatly appreciated..

Thanx in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR2520 constantly saying load paper

When you say "doesn't want to feed from cassette" - you mean :

The pickup roller is trying to feed the paper to the feed roller but it jams ?
    or
    You press COPY and the wheels don't rotate at all ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm going to assume that this is similar to the IR-2525 series here in the states which I have not seen any issues like the one you are descibing here. I have had issues with sensor flags being out of place in the cassette feed units causing some strange load paper and flase jam issues on the IR-2020 series which should be similar in style.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    When you say "doesn't want to feed from cassette" - you mean :

The pickup roller is trying to feed the paper to the feed roller but it jams ?
    or
    You press COPY and the wheels don't rotate at all ?

On startup the mch says load paper.. when i select [paper select] and select cassette [1](only 1 cassette - 250 sheet type) the tray icon blinks as if the mch is tryin to register but nothing happens, no wheels rotate, no noise at all... copy button doesnt work, as mch doesnt detect paper.. i did check the flag sensor for paper detection.. (the flag is in place an deploys correctly (from what i can see))... i just tried another DC controller as the other DC bombed out after a firmware update.. Still the same problem.. mch says LOAD PAPER... the bypass is working now with the DC i replaced...
    I'm stumped..

Thanx agen

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

So the issue is another.
    Machine does not recognize the paper in the cassette.

If you have 2 copiers, exchange the whole cassette with a cassette from another working machine.
    There is a metallic part just below the paper that raises up by means of a spring as soon as you put the cassette in the machine.
    Maybe you have a misplaced spring "FU7-2988-000" or broken one.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Borsody75's Avatar
    Have you tried this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks guys... i've tried those fixes today and checked the springs.. still no dice.. i'm leaving the mch to my manager.. i'll post a fix if we find one.,.. if anybody has sorted this out without using the fixes above plz let me know.. thanks agen for the help..

perch99

Re: IR2520 constantly saying load paper

I have similar issue with iR2520. What I discovered was that cassette 1 paper sensor was supposed to be activated by touching the switch. However when the cassette is pushed in, it does not touch the switch. Now if I push the cassette further in and hold it that position for a while, the paper gets detected and every other thing works fine.

Having gone through the PDF posted above, I think I have found the solution. I haven't tried it though.

perch99

Re: IR2520 constantly saying load paper

I have a similar experience with iR2520. The machine constantly displays 'load paper' even when the is paper in the cassette 1. What I discovered is that when I pushed the cassette a little bit inside and held, the machine was able to detect the paper, and everything started working fine.

I suspected the cassette 1 paper sensor because I have had issues when that senor got completely displaced and the machine kept showing load paper. While inspecting the sensor I found out that the cassette was suppose to press in the switches on the sensor. This wasn't happening. The PDF file posted above explains it all. I haven't tried it though, but that should be the solution to my case.

kane09

Lightbulb Re: IR2520 constantly saying load paper

I had the same problem with my Canon Image Reader 2525 & after trying many solutions, I found that due to overloading of paper-tray, one paper was jammed into the spring(which is behind the paper-tray). When I removed that paper the problem get solved.