Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    officegirl

cannon IR2200 error message

Hi, we have a Cannon IR 2200 and I have an error message E602-0001 does anyone know what this is or if the "officegirl" can fix it herself.
    Thanks

lewis808

i just had that!

i wasnt looking forward to replacing the hard drive, so i tried a defrag...hold down 1 and 9 and turn the main power on. you will see a flashing cursor and nothing else. go home and let the machine do its thing. (20 mins or so) when i came back in the morning it worked fine.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    cannon IR2200 error message

Your not going to like this...

I am so sorry to tell you this. You have a bad hard drive or MFP board, neither of which you can fix, both of which are very expensive. If it is a hard drive it will need to have the system software loaded onto it. Call your Canon dealer and get that second mortgage. Sorry!

officegirl
    Ok I decided to try the defrag first. Hard drive YUCK!! keeping my fingers crossed the defrag will fix it. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Holding down 1 & 9 will actually put the machine into a Disk Check, which will try to repair any errors. More than likely, you'll have to replace the HDD or at least sometime down the line. Hope it helps.

error code!!!

Oh, copyguy is absoluetly right....... you might try the defrag thing or what, but for the long term run you will have to replace the HDD disk somewhere down the slope.
    Might be an earlier warning for you to start thinking of getting a new HDD disk ready.

Goodluck!

Caldo

Technician
    i have de system soft
    send my the mail adrees

Had this error loads and it may temp repair but in a week or two you will be back replacing the hard disk.....Canon firmware i think messes up some of the sectors and cant be repaired...

Good luck

Technician
    [quote=TugmysterUK;23979]Had this error loads and it may temp repair but in a week or two you will be back replacing the hard disk.....Canon firmware i think messes up some of the sectors and cant be repaired...
    ok
    but if he or she change the hdd it may work
    he nedd a 7 gb hdd leptop

Ghosting a hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by Copier_Guy View Post
    Holding down 1 & 9 will actually put the machine into a Disk Check, which will try to repair any errors. More than likely, you'll have to replace the HDD or at least sometime down the line. Hope it helps.
    Have you got a list of the button commands and what can be done on startup? I have tried ghosting a good working disk, and than putting that image on another drive to see if it works. I got the E602-0001 error with the ghosted drive, and am doing the 1&9 key now. Will let you know how it comes out.
    Thanks,
    Steve