Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

As far as I know, the iR1022 and iR1024 Scans only via USB, network scanning is not supported.
    Plug the ir to the PC using USB cable and install iR Toolbox and Fax Driver (the Scanner driver is in the fax Driver).

i am sorry about
    Last edited by ernesto; 03-11-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Quote Originally Posted by lottje View Post
    Ok, so I just read on the Canon site that the USB cable won't work for scanning, guess I need to get a networkcable after all and hope for the best....
    ---------------------------------------

What is your exact model

The iR1018, iR1022A & iR1022F come with UFRII and require a network adaptor.

The iR1022i & iR1022iF come with UFRII & PCL and network adaptor as standard.

SEND FUNCTION=Standard for iR1022i/22iF only

DADF
    =Standard for iR1022A/22F/22i/22iF

PRINTER FUNCTION
    =Interface (Standard)

iR1018/22A/22F Ethernet (100Base-TX/10Base-T) optional, USB2.0
    iR1022i/iF Ethernet (100Base-TX/10Base-T), USB2.0

iR1022.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

well letīs see if i can give you a hand in your problem, just installed one the other day on a Win 7 X64 and it works as scanner well, you just need the right drivers for it and instead of using the setup to recognize the machine you add the drivers manually to the device manager, it will always ask for the UFRII, PCL5, PCL6 and scanner drivers, and fax ones if the IR1022if model, PM me and i'll get you the drivers for it including IR toolbox and help you in the installation ok?
    Life is a learning continuum...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

i have faced the same problem in win7 64bits and after a deep searches and tests i found the right driver send me your mail to send it for you and it will work safely.
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

There is one thing I have not mention in my previous post, the scanner driver is not a TWAIN driver.
    So you can only SCAN with IR TOOLBOX and no other application.
    And the SEND function on IR1022iF and IR1024iF only works for SENDING EMAIL and FAX, it DOES NOT work for sending a file to a PC.
    The Fax Driver included in the CD has both the 32bit and 64bit versions, this is the driver for SCAN and FAX.
    The IR TOOLBOX is an application that works on all versions.

Technician

So, I've been trying again today but it still can't find the scanner.
    I now have a USB cable (printing still works) and a network cable (not sure I put it on the right place in the modem though, but it fits...).

My model is the iR1022F.

I have installed toolbox 4.9 and the scangear tool.
    Scangear can't find the scanner (I guess that's the problem...).
    At the Dutch site it says that scan gear won't work with the usb cable only with network cable, that's why I got one, but still nothing....

I work with Windows 7 64 bits.

I installed the scandriver that I got from Canon a few years ago (I think thts the scan gear).
    Just tried to install the fax driver that I found online, but when I unzip it the exe file wont work and when I look in the folder of the drivers there's no exe file.

Dang this printer is driving me nuts for years now...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ---------------------------------------

The iR1018, iR1022A & iR1022F come with UFRII and require a network adaptor.

iR1022.pdf
    So I need a network adapter not a cable?
    If I google on network adapter it looks like I have to open my computer and I can't see that happening..
    So if I understand you correct, I just won't be able to scan at all?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Quote Originally Posted by lottje View Post
    So I need a network adapter not a cable?
    If I google on network adapter it looks like I have to open my computer and I can't see that happening..
    So if I understand you correct, I just won't be able to scan at all?
    =============================
    ScanGear Tool
    This software is installed together with the Network ScanGear driver, and enables the
    user to select the device name of the scanner on the network to be used for scanning with
    the Network ScanGear driver.
    No scanner is selected during Network ScanGear
    installation, so you must start the ScanGear Tool and select a scanner before use.

Network ScanGear is a 32-bit TWAIN-compliant scanner driver

Version 2.3 of Network Scangear will install onto 64 bit operating systems but
    has to be used in 32 bit compatibility mode.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WIA Network ScanGear 2 v1.02WIANSG 2 is a scanner driver that allows computers on a network to use a Canon multifunctional device as a scanner. Images can be scanned and saved in the Windows Imaging Acquisition (WIA) or 32-bit TWAIN compliant applications with this new driver.Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit Editions)Supported Applications:
    -32-bit TWAIN-compliant applications
    -WIA 1.0 (Windows XP) compliant applications
    -WIA 2.0 (Windows Vista/7) complaint applications

What is your exact model i & iF models have standards below-----

iR1022i & iR1022iF come with UFRII & PCL and network adaptor as standard.
    Last edited by teckat; 03-19-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Yeah but it's the iR1022F, thats why I deleted the rest of your earlier reply