Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    _ 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Quote Originally Posted by lottje View Post
    Yeah but it's the iR1022F, thats why I deleted the rest of your earlier reply
    Hi,

This model comes in few configurations. Maybe you could describe the oval buttons available? Does your control panel of the copier have "COPY" and "FAX" and "SCAN" Or better still post a photo of the control panel.

If "SCAN" button is not avail, then this model would not be able use as a scanner.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Ok, so I just read on the Canon site that the USB cable won't work for scanning, guess I need to get a networkcable after all and hope for the best....
    --------------------------
    uninstall the TOOL BOX

Scanner Driver is only available thru a USB Connection

Do not Connect the USB CABLE before installing the Software

Now re-install the the iR ToolBox > then the Driver > Shut Down & Re-Start Printer

> now you can connect the USB cable

USB.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

......so I uninstalled the toolbox, took out the USB cable, installed toolbox again, installed fax driver http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0044151.asp
    put the usb cable back in pc, but it still won't find a scanner (nor a fax)...

--> KL568, I might be a computer noob, but I wouldn't have posted if my printer didn't have a scan butto

Technician

.... where can I find the fax driver so that I can uninstall it and then try to install it again...?
    Maybe that wil help *desperate*

.... where can I find the fax driver so that I can uninstall it and then try to install it again...?
    Maybe that wil help *desperate*
    ___;
    Set to 32 bit
    Open tool box
    ?

Technician

Set to 32 bit???
    My pc is 64 as far as I know and I wouldnt know how to set anything to 32 LOL

Well... I found the fax driver under c/Program/canon I deletd it but when I want to install it again it says it's installed. If I do the setup again at fax driver I get a window looking for the fax, I get 2 tabs IPv4 devices and IPv6 devices, but it can't find it anywhere...

I chose for the first option: standard search for faxes on network and install, I also activated reactivate faxes in the sleep mode and searched. But nothing....
    Should I have chosen USB connection? But then I need to put the USB cable back in and you said not to lol

Version 2.3 of Network Scangear will install onto 64 bit operating systems but has to be used in 32 bit compatibility mode.

READ LINK

http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...plications.htm

Set to 32 bit???
    My pc is 64 as far as I know and I wouldnt know how to set anything to 32 LOL

Well... I found the fax driver under c/Program/canon I deletd it but when I want to install it again it says it's installed. If I do the setup again at fax driver I get a window looking for the fax, I get 2 tabs IPv4 devices and IPv6 devices, but it can't find it anywhere...

I chose for the first option: standard search for faxes on network and install, I also activated reactivate faxes in the sleep mode and searched. But nothing....
    Should I have chosen USB connection? But then I need to put the USB cable back in and you said not to lol
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...100175007.html
    Color Network ScanGear V2.71
    TWAIN scan driver is a 32bit driver which can only be used with 32bit-compatible applications running on 64bit OS.

found this post online///may help
    Scangear for 64 bit Windows 7 Issue--

Fix was used on a iR7105 B & W Printer

artisan_54
    April 23, 2012 1:18:31 PM

It has taken me some time to finally resolve this on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.
    Although the Canon site say it is a 64 bit driver, the documentation shows it as only a TWAIN 32 bit driver. General downloading the Scangear tool discovers and allows you to select the driver. However software applications cannot detect the TWAIN driver. Here is the solution I found after much trial an error. Download Color Network Scan Gear ver 2.71 and install (as an administrator).

You will now find a folder in the start menu "Color Network ScanGear" click on this folder and the Scangear Tool" program appears.
    Do NOT install it yet.
    Right click on Scangear Tool and select Properties. Under Properties select 'Compatibility". Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for: and Select the "Windows XP Service Pack3" option.

If you want the scanner to work for all users of this computer then select "Change settings for all users" and again check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for: and Select the "Windows XP Service Pack3" option. Under Privilege Level select "Run this program as an administrator. Apply these settings and click OK.

You should now be able to see the Color Scangear 2.71 in all 32 bit scanning programs as a scanner source. Note two important criteria:
    1) The scanner application may not work if the Scangear Tool is left open and
    2) The Canon Scanner must be placed in "Online Mode" for pull scanning

If you cannot see the scanner try the following:
    1) Remove all previous Canon drivers (e.g. 2.30) from control panel
    2) Remove all other unused scanners
    3) Uninstall ver 2.71 use CCleaner and re-instal as above and
    3) Reboot if necessary

This solution has finally worked for me on all 64 bit computers connected to the network. 32 bit computers do not need to undergo this process.
    ================================================== =======================

If you are using an operating system equipped with Windows Firewall and have enabled the Windows Firewall settings, to use the Network ScanGear driver, click the [Exceptions] tab in the [Windows Firewall] dialog box → click [Add Program] → add the application you want to use for scanning.

On the [] (or [Start]) menu, point to [All Programs] (or [Programs]) → [Color Network ScanGear] (or [Network ScanGear]) → click [ScanGear Tool].

Network ScanGear] (or [Network ScanGear]) → click [ScanGear Tool].
    The ScanGear Tool starts-
    Select the scanner to be used-

• If you want to search for scanners:

• Click [Discover].

The ScanGear Tool searches for scanners on the network, and the results are displayed in the list.
    • 2. Click the scanner to be used in the list → click [Select].

Information for the selected scanner appears under [Selected Scanner].

• Only scanners on the same subnet (network with the same network ID) as your computer are displayed in the list.

• After selecting the scanner, you can click [Test Connection] to check that the selected scanner can be used.

• If you want to select the scanner using the IP address:

• Click [IP Address].

The [IP Address] dialog box appears.
    • Enter the IP address in [Scanner IP Address] → click [OK].

Information for the selected scanner appears under [Selected Scanner].

• It is possible to specify an IP address outside the subnet.

• After selecting the scanner, you can click [Test Connection] to check that the selected scanner can be used.

1. Click [Exit].

The settings are saved and the ScanGear Tool is closed.
    Last edited by teckat; 03-20-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Technician

How do you install something as an administrator?

(I'll try your advice out tomorrow if I get how to install as admin)