Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    _ 250+ Posts

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Quote Originally Posted by lottje View Post
    --> KL568, I might be a computer noob, but I wouldn't have posted if my printer didn't have a scan butto
    Hi,

Sorry for my bad assumption, this particular model is confusing to install some of it features.

Machine's Scan will work based on Teckat's guide.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Lottje, I have looked in my driver archives but did not find a 64bit version of the scan driver for iR1022.
    The .INF file is IR22SCN.INF. (only X86 / 32 bit)
    IR22SCN.INF -- Windows Setup File for the iR1018/1022/1023 (Windows 2000,XP(x86))
    Copyright (c) CANON INC. 2007
    For the iR1024 there is a 64 bit version and the .INF file is IR33SCN.INF.
    MF33SCN.INF -- Windows Setup File for the iR1020/1024/1025 (Windows XP,Vista(64-bit))
    Copyright (c) CANON INC. 2008
    I can not send you the files because it is a big 42MB zip file.
    You must look in the CD that came with the machine for scan drivers, you will not find it on the website.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

This download contains the ScanGear V11.3 USB scan driver for 32-bit W7:
    http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/con...100346701.html

This download contains the ScanGear V11.3 USB scan driver for 64-bit W7:
    http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/con...0100346801.html

Toolbox Ver.4.9.1.1.ir03 for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32bit&64bit)
    http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/con...200123501.html

EITHER FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON CANON ASIA DOWNLOAD SITE OR SEE BELOW

NOTE: UNINSTALL ALL PREVIOUS BEFORE DOWNLOADING ABOVE
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below Posted in Microsoft Community ///
    scanner install problem on Win7 64bit

Download the driver and DO NOT run it. Use your favorite un-zip program to unpack the driver set into some convenient folder.

Next be sure the printer is not connected via USB, and the following steps are done with Admin rights.

Then go to the Device Manager:

Click on the Start Orb, then RMB (Right Mouse Button) on Computer > Manage > Device Manager

In the right pane of the window, RMB on the top most icon which should be the one with the computer’s name.

Click on Add legacy hardware, then click on Next.

Pick the Radio Button for manual install and click Next.

Click on Imaging Devices and click Next.

Be sure none of the displayed devices (if any are listed) show selected and click Have disk...

Then click on Browse in the next dialog and steer to the folder where you unpacked that downloaded driver set.

The drive dialog should already be filtered for *.inf files and you should see a file called:

IR22SCN.inf

Select that file and click Open.

If all has gone well, this should install the drivers for the scanner.

Let it all finish, and then turn on the 1023 printer and selected Scan on the panel. Plug the printer into a USB port, and Windows should report installing.

Let that finish, and to be on the safe side do a reboot and try it out.

BTW: Once the scanner is installed then you can use the Canon iRToolbox to do your scanning. It is a decent scanning utility.

Last edited by teckat; 03-23-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/con...200752800.html

Scanning Using Network ScanGear (Network Scan)

If you want to scan documents from your computer over the network and store the scanned data on your computer, you need to set up the machine for use in a network environment and install the scanner driver (Color Network ScanGear). For the installation procedure, see "Software Installation for the Network Connection Environment."

Starting Color Network ScanGear (Network Scan)

The Color Network ScanGear driver is started by accessing it from TWAIN-compliant application as follows.

NOTE

• If you are using Color Network ScanGear for the first time after installing it, the network scanner to be used must be selected with the ScanGear Tool.
    • The Color Network ScanGear driver cannot be started at the same time as the ScanGear Tool. If the ScanGear Tool is running, close it.

1. Start the application.

2. In the application, select Color Network ScanGear as the scanner to be used.

In the application, select the command for scanner selection (for example, "Select Scanner" or "Select TWAIN Source") → select [Color Network ScanGear] in the dialog box that is displayed.

Repeating this operation is unnecessary - it only needs to be performed once.

3. In the application, select the command to start the scanning operation (for example, [Scan New] or [Acquire]).

The Color Network ScanGear Main Window appears.

NOTE

• See the documentation provided with your application for commands and procedures used to select Color Network ScanGear and start scanning.
    • If the Color Network ScanGear Main Window does not open and the error message "No scanner is selected for scanning" appears, select the network scanner to be used (see "Selecting the Network Scanner to be Used (Network Scan)"), and select Color Network ScanGear again as the scanner from the application.

Viewing the Online Help (Network Scan)

To view the online help, follow the procedure below.

NOTE

• The ScanGear Tool cannot be started at the same time as the Color Network ScanGear driver.
    • The window displayed may differ according to the operating system on your computer.

Selecting the Network Scanner to be Used (Network Scan)

In order to scan documents using the Color Network ScanGear driver, use the ScanGear Tool to select the network scanner. No scanner is selected during the Color Network ScanGear installation, so this operation is required before use.

NOTE

• The ScanGear Tool cannot be started at the same time as the Color Network ScanGear driver.
    • The window displayed may differ according to the operating system on your computer.
    • If the [Windows Security Alert] dialog box appears, you need to register ScanGear Tool in [Exceptions] in Windows Firewall.

1. On the [Start] (or [ ]) menu, point to [Programs] (or [All Programs]) → [Color Network ScanGear] → click [ScanGear Tool].

The ScanGear Tool starts.

2. Select the scanner to be used.

If you want to search for scanners:

-1. Click [Discover].

The ScanGear Tool searches for scanners on the network, and the results are displayed in the list.

-2. Click the scanner to be used in the list → click [Select].

Information for the selected scanner appears under [Selected Scanner].

NOTE

• Only scanners on the same subnet (network with the same network ID) as your computer are displayed in the list.
    • After selecting the scanner, you can click [Test Connection] to check that the selected scanner can be used.

If you want to select the scanner using the address:

-1. Click [Address].

The [Address] dialog box appears.

-2. Enter the IP address or host name of the scanner in [IP Address or Host Name] → click [OK].

Information for the selected scanner appears under [Selected Scanner].

NOTE

• It is possible to specify an IP address or host name outside the subnet.
    • If the scanner you are using is connected to a network by IPv4, enter the IP address as follows. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

(XXX is a decimal number from "0" to "255." Characters that can be used are the numbers "0" to "9" and periods (.).)

• If the number within a segment begins with a zero (0), you can omit the zero (0) at the beginning. Example: 123.034.050.006 = 123.34.50.6
    • If there are continuous segments consisting of zeros (0), these can be replaced by a period (.). However, only one continuous group of segments can be omitted.

Example: 123.034.000.006 = 123.34..6

• You can also specify the scanner you want to use by entering its host name. You can specify the host name by entering it in the form "host name" only, or in the form "host name+sub-domain name+domain name".

An example of host name only is: Server1234

An example of host name+sub-domain name+domain name is: Server1234.canon.com

• After selecting the scanner, you can click [Test Connection] to check that the selected scanner can be used.

3. Click [Exit].

The settings are saved and the ScanGear Tool is closed.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by spectraindo View Post
    You must look in the CD that came with the machine for scan drivers, you will not find it on the website.
    That's the problem, I never gotten the cd, only got the machine.

Technician

Thanks Teckat,haven't been able to try it out yet, but hope I will tomorrow.

Technician

Guys,

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to try out your latest tips yet because I'm ill.
    I'll hope to be able to try it soon, anyhow I will let you know if I've been succesfull or not.

Lotje

Senior Tech 250+ Posts spectraindo's Avatar

Get Well Soon !

kimwira

Hello, I was follow all the step but my IR1022iF still not connect with USB/LAN for scanning doc.