Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    ssgb

Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Hi Folks.

This printer has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks now.. The printer & fax work fine. However I just can;t get the machine to scan:

I have installed the IR Toolbox for the IR1022 when I fire up and click on scan I get the follwoing errors:

"There is no scanner selected. Please select a scanner"

"A supported scanner is not installed. Please install a supported scanner, and then restart Toolbox."

Any help would be a welcome relief!!!

Thanks.

Technician
    depends what cable you are using to connect, with the ir toolbox as far as i know you need to be connected to the ir1022if using usb. or else forget about the ir toolbox and use scan to folder/email

ssgb
    The printer is plugged into a switch. I have downloaded scangear on my pc, however this does not pick up the scanner...

How can I scan to folder/email??

Thx.

Technician
    this should help you

iR Network Guide.pdf

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

iR1022.pdf READ PDF

iR1022if has it all /are u a tech or end user ????
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Hi,
    the ir1022 toolbar is just a scanning application (tool) but it`snt a driver,so,u have to istall the scaner driver which as i experienced befor doesn`t exist on the canon` support . All u have to do is to find an original setup CD that will finish your problem and will automatically install the scanning driver.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi i had the same problem on a 1024 and the only war round this is to plug USB into pc and load IR tool box software on as a administrator,it took me about two weeks to sort my one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina Banoub View Post
    Hi,
    the ir1022 toolbar is just a scanning application (tool) but it`snt a driver,so,u have to istall the scaner driver which as i experienced befor doesn`t exist on the canon` support . All u have to do is to find an original setup CD that will finish your problem and will automatically install the scanning driver.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

iR ToolBox v4.09 for imageRUNNER 1023 Series (Supports Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit)

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

I hope someone still reads this topic and can help me.

I've tried to install the scanner for years now and this time I've been at it the whole night. It's driving me insane!

I'm not really a technical person so what I've read above doesn't help me at all.

I use a windows 7 64 bit version and got the link from Canon of the WIA Network scanner version 1.11 = doesn't help, he can't find the scanner...
    I also have installed the toolbox 4.9 and tried the scangear tool (looks and acts the same as WIA Network scanner = not at all).
    Nothing helps.

Well I only used the powercable and a usb cable (I can print, but not scan), but tonight I read something about a network cable.
    Not even sure I got a network....
    But shouldn't you be able to scan if you can print and you use a usb cable?
    Not sure I got one but found a cable that fitted so I guess that should be alright...
    But stil no succes.

Everywhere on Internet I read that lots of people has the same problem (everything works except for the scanner), but no one can really give an answer.
    I have to admit that I never even tried to fax, so I´m not sure that would work) but quite sure you need another cable for that).

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by lottje; 03-11-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Forgot I had a USB cable connected

Technician

Re: Canon IR1022IF - IR Toolbox - "No Scanner Selected" "No Scanner Installed"..

Ok, so I just read on the Canon site that the USB cable won't work for scanning, guess I need to get a networkcable after all and hope for the best....