Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Issues with Imagepass M2 on iR105

Hello again everyone. I've an issue with a customers ir105 with an attached M2 rip. Jobs are coming from a Mac with Snow Leopard using the latest driver for the M2, version 2.1 PS. If printing from Adobe or other progams you cannot select duplex printing in either Layout or Printer Features->Layout as it is greyed out and cannot be changed. Also, once the job is submitted it wants to pull from the bypass tray even if I select a tray and select a paper size. If submitted via CWS 5 (latest version from EFI installed yesterday) I can make the selections for duplex and tray selection but the machine still ignores those commands, asks to load bypass. I tell it to pull from tray one at the machine and it does, but it does not duplex. I feel I've resolved a similar issue like this before but I can't get it to come to mind. Any ideas or help are appreciated.
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Issues with Imagepass M2 on iR105

M2 drivers are not supported for snow leopard. The highest version released is 10.3_10.4 which was back in 2005. Your customer is at 10.6. Also this machine would interact with CWS 4 a little better as the platform is old. Your best bet is to print to the hold queue and edit from there or print to the copier mailbox and then release.

An internal print board would give them more print options as well.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I totally agree with Charm.

The customer has a very new operating system and a very old controller - they don't usually place nicely together.

CWS5 only supports Fiery System 6 and higher, which I don't think the M2 is.

I think I would use CWS4, import the PDF to the hold queue, and make the changes there. That way you can bypass any driver issue.

(If you're not printing PDFs, I think that the OS will create a PDF from any document, all natively.)

I had a customer a year or so ago with an iR7200 with an M2, who had also upgraded to OSX 10.6. That's what we did until they ultimately got a new MFP.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Re: Issues with Imagepass M2 on iR105

thanks for the responses.
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

_ 250+ Posts

Re: Issues with Imagepass M2 on iR105

Hi, papahr

Just for understanding purpose, has those Snow Leopards been install with "Fiery Driver Updater" before printer drivers are installed?

As you did not indicate the System version of the M2, is it by chance 2.12?