Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Canon IRC3380i problem

Quote Originally Posted by northernlife View Post
    Take out the waste toner container. ON the top of that sliding black piece is the sensor. A very very very small shot of canned air or a wax wipe on a flathead screwdriver will take care of it.
    Thanks for this suggestion, while it did not work it certainly saved me some time. What I did was I actually took a good portion of the front of the printer apart to access the sensor you mentioned, then I used a spray can and a vacuum at the same time to spray the area and clean it up then that solved that problem. Now for some inexplicable reason I get paper jams when printing from the trays but no problems when printing from the bypass. I did order a new tray to replace the one with the broken gear... now onto try to solve the paper jamming issue.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC3380i problem

Quote Originally Posted by Zetterber View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion, while it did not work it certainly saved me some time. What I did was I actually took a good portion of the front of the printer apart to access the sensor you mentioned, then I used a spray can and a vacuum at the same time to spray the area and clean it up then that solved that problem. Now for some inexplicable reason I get paper jams when printing from the trays but no problems when printing from the bypass. I did order a new tray to replace the one with the broken gear... now onto try to solve the paper jamming issue.

Thanks to everyone for the help!
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Can Air Spray use in a Printer

when u use Can Air Spray> if u are not using a direct nozzle attached to it> and on an isolated single sensor with short burst > u can cause numerous issues to other sensor locations .
    Toner & Dust travel to mysterious locations that did not have an issue before "can air use"
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Can Air Spray use in a Printer

when u use Can Air Spray> if u are not using a direct nozzle attached to it> and on an isolated single sensor with short burst > u can cause numerous issues to other sensor locations .
    Toner & Dust travel to mysterious locations that did not have an issue before "can air use"
    I made sure to use a long nozzle and a vacuum at the same time, basically I sprayed the area right into the vacuum so that toner would not go all over the place and did a pretty good job getting it all right into vacuum... problem solved over there but now my issue as mentioned was paper jams. Tray 1 does not seem to be interested in printing without jamming everything is set correctly but it jams every time, the paper actually jams AFTER it gets printed as soon as it passes the transfer belt in the machine it jams but only when printing from a tray... if I print from the bypass everything prints perfectly! any advice?

Thanks!

Canon IRC3380i problem

Jam Codes ?
    ;-\

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Jam Codes ?
    ;-\
    I have NG #099 when trying to "COPY" and NG #853 when trying to "PRINT"

Thanks!

Canon IRC3380i problem

I have NG #099 when trying to "COPY" and NG #853 when trying to "PRINT"

Thanks!
    What are JAM CODES ?

#853--_--

-Using the wrong printer driver.
    -The machine does not have the proper printer kit installed (e.g.UFR, PCL, PS kit(s)).
    -The print job did not print because due to lack of resources on the printer (e.g. memory, HD space, etc).
    -Print spooler on the machine is full.
    -The number of secure print jobs have exceeded the maximum limit that can be reserved at this time.

Remedy
    -Make sure that the printer driver that you’re using is the correct one for the operating system on the computer that you are printing from and specific to the printer model that you’re printing
    to.
    -Check and verify that the correct and the required printer kit is Installed (e.g. UFR, PCL, PS kit(s)).
    -Reduce the number of pages to print.
    -Erase unnecessary jobs that are stuck or in reserve.
    -Turn off spooler on the printer, ADDITIONAL FUNCTION >SYSTEM SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > USER SPOOLER, set this value to OFF.
    -Print out or erase secured print jobs that are stored or waiting to be printed on the machine.
    -Try printing again when other jobs have completed printing.

===============================================
    ===============================================

-The job did not print due to improper paper source configuration at the copier.
    -Copy/print is interrupted.
    -Stop button was pressed during communication
    -Document / file specific problem, not able to print causing errors.
    -Using the wrong printer driver.

Remedy

-Check and verify that the copier is properly configured with the printing resources that you are trying to print. Make sure that the copier is properly configure with the correct paper types that you are trying to print to.
    -Try to copy/print again.
    -Try communication again
    -The document / file might have invalid print code that will cause the application to stop sending the printing information to the printer and cause this problem to happen.
    -Check and verify that correct printer driver is being used for the device that you are printing to.
    Last edited by teckat; 06-29-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Canon IRC3380i problem

Remedy Reduce the number of pages to print, or perform the print job again when no other jobs are reserved.
    Cause 2 The job could not be processed, because it was cancelled from the printer driver while the print data was being sent to the machine.
    Remedy Try printing again.
    Cause 3 The spool memory is full when Use Spooler in Network Settings in Preferences (from the Settings/Registration screen) is set to 'On', therefore, data received from the host could not be spooled.
    Remedy Set Use Spooler in Network Settings in Preferences (from the Settings/Registration screen) to 'Off', and try sending the print data again.
    Cause 4 The maximum number of receivable data exceeds the receive limit.
    Remedy Try printing the documents again after all current jobs are complete. If you still cannot print, check the sent data.
    Cause 5 The number of secured documents exceeded the maximum limit that can be reserved at a time.
    Remedy Print or erase the secured documents that are stored in the machine, and try printing again.

Cause 1 Copying/printing was interrupted.
    Remedy Try copying/printing again.
    Cause 2 An error occurred because the main power switch was turned OFF while a job was being processed.
    Remedy Check to see if the main power switch is turned ON. Try processing the job again, if necessary.

The problem seems to be isolated to tray 1 which jams every time without fail... Tray 2 prints beautifully every time. No issues with drivers or communicating with the printer or anything like that just tray 1 pickup then when I open the tray it looks like it is trying to pickup a few sheets at a time.

Thanks for all the help!

Canon IRC3380i problem

The problem seems to be isolated to tray 1 which jams every time without fail... Tray 2 prints beautifully every time. No issues with drivers or communicating with the printer or anything like that just tray 1 pickup then when I open the tray it looks like it is trying to pickup a few sheets at a time.

Thanks for all the help!
    ----------;-\
    U are all over the place with your issues ,
    Jams,Errors,Cleaning,

U have not posted any jam codes related to your issues,
    Are u a trained tech ? or a ,key op ?