savi0r

Canon MF3110 - just won't copy/print

• 06-22-2011
    savi0r
    Canon MF3110 - just won't copy/print
    Hi all. I have a problem with a Canon MF 3110. I changed the fixing film on this machine and it looked good. The machine starts, i press the copy button, it scans the original on the glass, the busy led on the panel is on, but the machine doesn't do anything. :| I checked the fuser twice and it all looks ok. Same problem goes for printing. Any ideas ?? I am kinda angry because i really don't know what to check now. Btw, there is no error code or the error led on. :|
  • Do a DRAM Test
  • Before DRAM test, output all image data in image memory. When DRAM test is performed, all image data are cleared.
  • To operate the test mode, after pressing the Menu key, press the # key and select "SERVICE MODE". After this, select "TEST MODE" with the cursor keys, and press the OK key.
    Turn OFF and back ON the power to end the Test Mode.

Also do a Faculty Test/ run both tests>>>>>
Sensor tests =Test whether the sensors are operating correctly.
sensor test is selected by pressing the numeric key 3 from the faculty test menu. In this test, you can check the status of each sensor of this machine in items 1 to 4 on the display.
You can also check if sensors that use actuators and micro-switches are operating correctly by moving the actuator or micro-switch.

Operation panel test
=Tests whether the button switches on the control panel are operating correctly.
The operation panel test is selected by pressing the numeric key 7 from the faculty test menu.
In this test, check that the display, LED lamps and keys on the operation panel are operating correctly.
Display test
Pressing the Start key from the operation panel menu, "H" is displayed 20 characters by 2 lines. The next time the Start key is pressed, all the LCD dots are displayed. Check for any LCD dots in the display that are not displayed.
LED lamp test
All the lamps on the operation panel light by pressing the Start key after the display test. Check for any LED that does not blink during the test. (However, the Energy Saver key does not go on at this time.)
Operation key Test
The operation key test is selected with the Start key after the LED lamp test is done. In this test, a character disappears when its operation key is pressed. The list of characters and their operation keys is as follows.
Check to make sure at this time that all characters properly disappear when their operation keys are pressed.
Character-----Operation key-----Character-----Operation key
09,*,# -------Numeric key-----------F------------Image Quality key
A-------------Cursor key (+)---------G-----------Enlarge/Reduce key
B-------------Cursor key (*)---------H-----------Exposure key
C-------------OK key----------------I------------COPY key
D-------------Menu key--------------J-----------SCAN key
E-------------Status Monitor key-----Q----------Energy Saver key
D-------------Collate/2on1