Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ZeitaIT

Canon IRC3200 not printing after removing ImagePass

Just installed universal send, fax and pdl board on c3200 to enable e-mail scan. Machine had imagepass that was removed. updated imgcnt to 0. Everything works except for printing. Printer gets the job and the log shows result of "NG". I can ping and I have tried PCL, PS drivers with tcp/ip port but with no luck.. what are we missing?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeitaIT View Post
    Just installed universal send, fax and pdl board on c3200 to enable e-mail scan. Machine had imagepass that was removed. updated imgcnt to 0. Everything works except for printing. Printer gets the job and the log shows result of "NG". I can ping and I have tried PCL, PS drivers with tcp/ip port but with no luck.. what are we missing?
    did u remove the C Boot Rom ?? &
    did u install the N-type Boot ROM from the Multi-Pdl Kit A1
    ???

Resolution Switching Board-A1 is also REQUIRED for the Universal Send functionality.

????
    your Color Universal Send Kit A1P (enable with Tool and Dongle Key) the Dongle can only be used once on a 3200 printer-u can not use one from another 3200-
    did u use a new Send Kit ??

did u reload the network settings under Additional Functions ??
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

aladdinhussein
    We just installed the universal send kit w/ Resolution switch board and surf board. The universal send kit was used but we were able to use the dongle to complete the installation. Is the N boot rom supposed to be included in the universal send kit.

I will try to reset the network settings. but am I supposed to modify anything in the service mode?

Thanks for your help.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    You may be a bit out of luck here.

The Universal Send Kit is strictly a one-shot deal; there is a change that happens to the dongle when it gets installed, As I recall, it stores the serial number of the MFP so that it cannot successfully be used on another.

The send kit does NOT contain an N type boot ROM, as it is not required for scanning. The N type boot ROM would come with the print kit. (Keep in mind that the Fiery controller requires a C type.)

Your best bet may be eBay to find the N type if you can't otherwise come up with one. That part can be successfully moved from one machine to another.

While not impossible, I think that you'd be much harder pressed to find an UNUSED Universal Send kit, as this machine may be a workhorse, but it has been discontinued for more than a few years now.

Finally, you will most likely need to reflash all firmware with the new features installed so that they will be properly recognized and perform as they should. (Possibly not, but it would be best.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

aladdinhussein
    It is hard to look online because I don't have the N type boot rom part #. but If you don't mind I have a few questions. Can I use SST to modify the C type to N type. the print kit is being sold for $250-$450(I don't really need the whole thing) but the SST is $30.
    If non of these works, Do you think a Tech from Canon can flash the rom to convert it from C type to N type.

Quote Originally Posted by aladdinhussein View Post
    It is hard to look online because I don't have the N type boot rom part #. but If you don't mind I have a few questions. Can I use SST to modify the C type to N type. the print kit is being sold for $250-$450(I don't really need the whole thing) but the SST is $30.
    If non of these works, Do you think a Tech from Canon can flash the rom to convert it from C type to N type.
    how did u register that Dongle ??
    as quoted "it is married to the printer serial number that it was first installed on"
    one time use only

Boot Rom can not be converted___________from a C to N
    u don't have to flash or modify the "N" Boot rom , 3200 printer will recognize it -
    if u have old Firmware u will need to update it anyway-

N comes in Kit/ be careful if someone is selling it separately

ZeitaIT
    We bought the universal send with the resolution board and the fax (all cost about $800). The company send the dongle along with it and the copier was updated successfully with the software(serialzied). Like I said the machine now sends via email (didn't do before) so I know the universal kit and boards were installed successfully. Didn't do anything with firmware which I don't recall seeing on canon website.

if the printer had a imagePass C1 it had a C Boot Rom

Multi-Pdl print kit A1 needs the N Boot Rom
    1-f
    or PDL Print Function
    2-Color Network Scanner Function(To use the Color Network Scanner function, Color Network Scan-Gear software must be installed on your computer.
    Color Network Scan-Gear is a software program that enables you to load scanned images from an imageRUNNER to a computer.

aladdinhussein
    I have canon 6800 that I want to get rid of. Do you think I can take the N rom from the 6800 and install it in the 3200 ?

Quote Originally Posted by aladdinhussein View Post
    I have canon 6800 that I want to get rid of. Do you think I can take the N rom from the 6800 and install it in the 3200 ?

Multi-PDL Printer Kit-C1 is for 6800/
    give it a try
    -

I know the Multi-PDL Printer Kit-A2 for 3220 will not work in 3200