Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    confuseduser

Canon Imagepress 7010VPS supplied by Oce

I wonder is there is there anyone who can give me some feedback/advice

We were originally looking to buy a Canon Imagepress C7010VP with a Fiery controller, however myself and a couple of people within the organisation have now looked at a Canon 7010VPS supplied by Oce, this comes with an Oce built controller called a prismasync which is media driven. however I am now having reservations about purchasing this system until I can get some sort of user/technical/performance feedback.

What are peoples experiences/opinions with this system? we are spending a lot of money and do not want to make an expensive mistake.

Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

confuseduser
    Thanks for the reply. Have you any experience with this machine Teckat? what is your opinion of the Canon/oce machine combination?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We sold 2 IP-7010's to a book printer who was originally looking at the Oce' version with the internal print supplied from Oce' similar to what you are looking at I assume. Our solution was higher in price, but the cusomter said that the output with our Fiery driven engines were much better than that of the Oce'. I have never seen the output personally and this is the only customer I know of that was looking at in our area.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Seen only in DEMO mode/ & Canon DEMO's are deceiving

confuseduser

Re: Canon Imagepress 7010VPS supplied by Oce

We have decided to go with the Fiery option, although more expensive the color output on all types of media was far superior to the 7010VPS prismasync oce option. For anyone considering the oce option it is certainly worth taking test files along to the dem to see how the system performs against a Fiery driven machine. The prisma system also crashed sveral times in the dem for no apparent reason; the only way to recover was a complete reboot of machine and controller. I am afraid oce have much more work to do if they want to succeed with this particular controller/machine combination.

you will happy with the Fiery system...great choice

Quote Originally Posted by confuseduser View Post
    We have decided to go with the Fiery option, although more expensive the color output on all types of media was far superior to the 7010VPS prismasync oce option. For anyone considering the oce option it is certainly worth taking test files along to the dem to see how the system performs against a Fiery driven machine. The prisma system also crashed sveral times in the dem for no apparent reason; the only way to recover was a complete reboot of machine and controller. I am afraid oce have much more work to do if they want to succeed with this particular controller/machine combination.
    how did the unit perform on job processing? Just went through the online training course and was curious what your opinion was since you go to see it perform in person.

confuseduser

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    how did the unit perform on job processing? Just went through the online training course and was curious what your opinion was since you go to see it perform in person.
    The Prismasync (oce) locked up badly several times when processing several complex jobs whereas the Fiery processed the same files without any problems. On other test files the processing time was comparable on both machines. The poor colour output and the fact that the prisma crashed during the processing of our test files is what swung it for us in favour of the Fiery.