Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Canon IR4570 resets randomly

Question Canon IR4570 resets randomly

I have client with IR4570 at one of his accounts doing the following according to the owner: copier would reset at random when they try to either send a fax, print or copy something (it would act as if the main switch was cycled off/on, screen would go dark, then progress bar shows up, "please wait" and "ready"). Configuration includes fax, universal send, pdl, internal finisher. It does not do it every time (hence random). Client tells me he ruled out the power line by moving machine to a different plug, plus IRC3220 in the same office presents no problems. I am going to join my client on Monday for a "second eye" look at the copier as it's been going on for almost 3 weeks now and his customer is getting frustrated with "service". Anybody have seen something like this? Any pointers? Power supply, DC controller, HDD, firmware?

Re: Canon IR4570 resets randomly

Sounds like the HDD going out to me and it is just rebooting. Need to install new HDD and reinstall the firmware. (you could try to run scandisk on the HDD first and see if that helps, Turn machine OFF and press and hold 1 & 9 whle turning it on and the display should show a white square in the upper left corner and let it run, it may take a hour or so to run a scan. Watch the display and and let it finish before restarting)

Technician
    Canon IR4570 resets randomly

Unhappy Re: Canon IR4570 resets randomly

Thanks for suggestion kuby, it wasn't the hard drive - after replacing original with spare from another ir4570 in about 40 minutes copier went back to resetting itself. That was 2 hours well spent. This morning I had to dig deep into this issue and came across article #55902 in Canon's Knowledge Base describing this exact issue. Guess I'll call my customer and tell him bad news - main controller and memory...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the update, have not ever run into that YET.

Know it is a little late but had one doing similar issues, would randomly reset. End up being FK2-0384 micro switch gone bad.