Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    luodal

ir1310 accordion jam at exit

I'm unable to remove a piece of paper teared while taking out an accordion jam at the exit rollers.
    It seems that i must dissassemble the whole machine, to get beneath the delivery roller. any tips on how to proceed.
    thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir1310 accordion jam at exit

Re: ir1310 accordion jam at exit

Quote Originally Posted by luodal View Post
    I'm unable to remove a piece of paper teared while taking out an accordion jam at the exit rollers.
    It seems that i must dissassemble the whole machine, to get beneath the delivery roller. any tips on how to proceed.
    thanks.
    Removing the Fixing Assembly

Click on picks for view 1>10
    GOOD LUCK

COVER.JPGFIX.JPGDELIVERY COVER.JPGDELIVERY UPPER COVER_Delivery Rear Cover.JPG
    CONTROL PANEL.JPGCOPY GLASS.JPGFIX2.JPGFIX3.JPG
    FIX4.JPGFIX5.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

luodal

Thank you very much for your quick and complete answer. It is like I thought it will be..... Difficult and time consuming. I hope I can Complete the task successfully.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luodal View Post
    Thank you very much for your quick and complete answer. It is like I thought it will be..... Difficult and time consuming. I hope I can Complete the task successfully.
    All steps look good, except the first one, there is no reason to pull that steel plate off of the rear of the copier. Remove the covers on the left side as described, the doc glass, access the rear screw on the fuser down thru the hole hidden under the black cable guard in the optics, moving the bed til both holes line up. Remove screw from control panel as described, hold the op panel, still connected but out of the way to get the 2 front mounting screws on the fuser. Disconnect the electrical connectors, and wiggle the fuser out of its mounting place.

I suggest you bring a new fixing film and pressure roller with you, as you do not want to go to this trouble to remove a jam, and have it recur from worn parts, the pressure roller coating wears out at the ends and causes the lead edge corners to stick down. When it gets bad enough, the paper sticks to toner deposits on the worn roller. Or pop for a new fixing unit altogether...
    Last edited by mrfixit51; 07-25-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    "Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough!"