Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

CLC 3220 - MMI-clear follow-up problem

Hi there, copytechers!

We have a low mileage (sub 130k prints) Canon CLC-3220 (ir C3220) in our office here in the UK. We're a small organisation and I look after the IT infrastructure including our (very nice) CLC machine. I was fiddling with the machine last week after loading Netspot Console and Canon Work Station software and I think I must have changed a setting on the Canon as when it was next switched on, a blue NTWare screen displayed saying "cannot connect to server" and suggesting I contact the System Admin. So I made myself a cup of coffee and talked to myself...!

Anyway, the CLC would still print (it's hooked up to a ColorPass Z-3000). But no copy function as the blue NTWare screen forbade the use of anything on the machine itself. So I delved into the Service Manual and spotted the MMI-Clear function and thought to myself that would solve the problem. I duly managed to get to the service menu on machine start up before the NTWare screen came on, and went through the MMI-Clear routine.

Now the machine freezes on start-up - the normal Canon start-up screen displays, followed by the normal control panel except that the screen will not respond to touch nor will the keypad.

We've left the machine running for seven or eight hours and every few minutes it thinks about things and goes into the conventional warm-up mode. But it will not get any further. We've done three or four of these 7-8 hour stints, and still the same result - every ten minutes or so it thinks about starting up and then stops after a minute or so. The screen remains frozen (it says "printer is warming up") as does the keypad.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Is it going to be necessary to reload the software and/or firmware for the machine? All help gratefully received!

Cheers
    Simon

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: CLC 3220 - MMI-clear follow-up problem

Quote Originally Posted by simon.spanswick View Post
    Hi there, copytechers!

We have a low mileage (sub 130k prints) Canon CLC-3220 (ir C3220) in our office here in the UK. We're a small organisation and I look after the IT infrastructure including our (very nice) CLC machine. I was fiddling with the machine last week after loading Netspot Console and Canon Work Station software and I think I must have changed a setting on the Canon as when it was next switched on, a blue NTWare screen displayed saying "cannot connect to server" and suggesting I contact the System Admin. So I made myself a cup of coffee and talked to myself...!

Anyway, the CLC would still print (it's hooked up to a ColorPass Z-3000). But no copy function as the blue NTWare screen forbade the use of anything on the machine itself. So I delved into the Service Manual and spotted the MMI-Clear function and thought to myself that would solve the problem. I duly managed to get to the service menu on machine start up before the NTWare screen came on, and went through the MMI-Clear routine.

Now the machine freezes on start-up - the normal Canon start-up screen displays, followed by the normal control panel except that the screen will not respond to touch nor will the keypad.

We've left the machine running for seven or eight hours and every few minutes it thinks about things and goes into the conventional warm-up mode. But it will not get any further. We've done three or four of these 7-8 hour stints, and still the same result - every ten minutes or so it thinks about starting up and then stops after a minute or so. The screen remains frozen (it says "printer is warming up") as does the keypad.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Is it going to be necessary to reload the software and/or firmware for the machine? All help gratefully received!

Cheers
    Simon
    in service mode u need to see if this setting is set at "3"
    COPIER>OPTION>IMG-CONT
    if not set at 3, power off/ on

turn off pascal in service mode & restart machine
    - check Drum counters

You need to check if your drums are seated ok !!!!
    You may have a drum that need to be replaced
    either one or all of the drums are may be due to be replaced or one of them is defective.
    check drums for broken tabs
    TABS.JPG
    TABS.JPG

Check in Service Mode Display/Misc/DRM-LF if the drum % is high and close to 100 or over replace it.

check your Fixing Temp.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

_ 250+ Posts

Hi, Simon

Your original 1st issue might be MEAP NT-ware unable to connect to NT-ware server within your network. if your Fiery Z3000 platform is WinXP Embedded, you might want to check if port 53120 and 53213 are allow out of the firewall. Verify with NT-ware support on these ports being block by Fiery Z3000

Tried avoiding too much of auto reboot of the copier, you might kill / corrupt the HDD firmware within the copier.

FYI, clear MMI is like doing a factory default of copier's customised settings. best use only when you done a backup of all needed data AND printouts of any configuration reports.
    Last edited by KL568; 07-26-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

MMI
    Clears following user mode setting values:
    • Backup data for copy operation panel (user-set values)
    • Common settings backup data (user-set values)
    • Backup data (except fax data) (user-set values)
    Caution The setting values are cleared after the main power switch is turned OFF/
    ON.
    Operation 1) Select this item, then press the OK key.
    method 2) Turn the main power OFF/ON.

In English, all your Fiery settings are gone.

Turn the copier off, unplug the two cables that go to the Fiery, does the copier start up ?
    Last edited by skynet; 07-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    MMI
    Clears following user mode setting values:
    • Backup data for copy operation panel (user-set values)
    • Common settings backup data (user-set values)
    • Backup data (except fax data) (user-set values)
    Caution The setting values are cleared after the main power switch is turned OFF/
    ON.
    Operation 1) Select this item, then press the OK key.
    method 2) Turn the main power OFF/ON.

In English, all your Fiery settings are gone.

Turn the copier off, unplug the two cables that go to the Fiery, does the copier start up ?
    Thanks for the feedback on this problem.

In answer to the suggestion above, yes, disconnecting the Fiery and the copier does still start up - it offers about 10 seconds of user interface time via the control panel before this freezes again.

Today, we've had a Canon-trained engineer in to look at the machine. He uploaded the firmware but he commented that it seemed to be uploaded rather too quickly. Despite going through the entire firmware update procedure using the Canon service system, the fault persists.

The engineer said he was not prepared to be beaten by a machine and has promised to talk with Canon to see if they can identify the problem - his thought is that one of the main boards may have failed after the MMI Clear was done.

He also said that he had never heard of the original problem of the blue NT-Ware screen "cannot connect to server" ever occurring on one of the machines he has worked on.

It's still a mystery. And an annoying one, too. Grateful for any other advice from people on here.

Thanks for the feedback on this problem.

In answer to the suggestion above, yes, disconnecting the Fiery and the copier does still start up - it offers about 10 seconds of user interface time via the control panel before this freezes again.

Today, we've had a Canon-trained engineer in to look at the machine. He uploaded the firmware but he commented that it seemed to be uploaded rather too quickly. Despite going through the entire firmware update procedure using the Canon service system, the fault persists.

The engineer said he was not prepared to be beaten by a machine and has promised to talk with Canon to see if they can identify the problem - his thought is that one of the main boards may have failed after the MMI Clear was done.

He also said that he had never heard of the original problem of the blue NT-Ware screen "cannot connect to server" ever occurring on one of the machines he has worked on.

It's still a mystery. And an annoying one, too. Grateful for any other advice from people on here.

just disconnecting the Fiery will not tell the 3220 printer that there is no Fiery/this lock-up issue is a noted problem with Z3000 & imagePass C1/2 Fiery's
    when u did that, on your power up >the printer searches for your Fiery through the network set_up on the printer

u need to go to-COPIER>OPTION<INT-FACE>IMG-CONT and set it from "3" to "0"/power off printer/
    shut down Z3000/ then completely remove Fiery connections> now power up 3220> see what happens -

Shut down 3220>
    Connect power cord on Z3000>now reload Z3000 Firmware with no connection to printer>
    after finished- re-Connect Fiery>Power up 3220>go to COPIER>OPTION<INT-FACE>IMG-CONT and re-set back to "3"> shut down Fiery>shut down 3220> re-boot Fiery>power up 3220

Thanks to everyone that suggested solutions to our problematic 3220 and Z3000 combo.

I am delighted to say that it is now fully operational - the contributions from the experts on here have saved our bacon!

A tremendously big thanks to everyone - and keep up the good work!

Simon

Thanks to everyone that suggested solutions to our problematic 3220 and Z3000 combo.

I am delighted to say that it is now fully operational - the contributions from the experts on here have saved our bacon!

A tremendously big thanks to everyone - and keep up the good work!

Simon

thanks, & good luck

ELVIS.jpg