Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Why is my copier steaming?

What do you think the odds are that he turns the AC off at night and lets the room get to ridiculous temps and humidity levels?

This is a total no-no in the printing world, ink or laser.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Why is my copier steaming?

You guys are cruel.... but I'll admit the first time you see steamy copies coming out of a printer does freak you out a bit. Want to fix that problem, along with paper curling, jamming, light copies??

Location, Location, Location.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Re: Why is my copier steaming? Gee you guys are so mean!!!

I agree it must be a prob. with your environmental controls. You're right that merely damp paper won't cause that amount of condensation, but if the AC is off all nite you will get MASSIVE humidity + condensation. Also, if your heating/AC hasn't been serviced in forever it may have a broken part or a closed/clogged vent someplace. If your machine is parked under a duct vent, MOVE IT NOW.
    And yes, LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN 24/7, 365 as it probably is equipped with dehumidifiers (we used to call them 'damp heaters' in the good ol' days).

If you're going to use it, turn it on well ahead of time to give your fuser a chance to cook off any condensation. And lastly, if your building's AC doesn't have it (or your landlord refuses to fix it) you may need to purchase a dehumidifier.

Don't take all the teasing personally, to most of us it is a silly question and we've all had this discussion about the importance of environment (temp, humidity, etc.) a million times until we're all ready to vomit!! And since you're not paying us..... well, you understand.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Why is my copier steaming?

Dead_Thread.jpg

time to end this nonsense thread / poster has enough info

take it or leave it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ya know your air conditioner might be too big for your space. If the AC unit is too big for the area it needs to cool it can cause humidity problems. What happens is the AC will cool the room down too quickly and shut off before it's had time to remove enough of the moisture.

End User 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Ya know your air conditioner might be too big for your space. If the AC unit is too big for the area it needs to cool it can cause humidity problems. What happens is the AC will cool the room down too quickly and shut off before it's had time to remove enough of the moisture.
    What? A serious reply on CTN? That would make sense since the AC is 13000 BTU, enough for an entire story of a house, but it's cooling a small room. I did get the biggest one because my previous AC was 8000 BTU and was an absolute joke, I was lucky if it could bring the temp down from 27 to 25 after running non stop for days, it literally didn't stop a single second from about May to October-November. My new one can take the temp from 27 to 20 in probably 1 hour.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

::little giggles:: Too big of an air conditioner will also get condensation on the inside and develop funky ass mold spores instead of expelling the water out the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    What? A serious reply on CTN? That would make sense since the AC is 13000 BTU, enough for an entire story of a house, but it's cooling a small room. I did get the biggest one because my previous AC was 8000 BTU and was an absolute joke, I was lucky if it could bring the temp down from 27 to 25 after running non stop for days, it literally didn't stop a single second from about May to October-November. My new one can take the temp from 27 to 20 in probably 1 hour.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.

How can this person be so stupid
    If he runs his own printing company, what does he ask Stupid Q's about paper
    Surly he know Everything about paper, being in that industry

Do we need to draw a target on the wall, with, "please head butt at will"