no one in their right mind charges .10 for color /
    not even Large in-house facilities management companies
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 250+ Posts gensys's Avatar

Re: Approximate cost price????

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

At us 1 full color the page cost 0.8$, but 1000 pages 0.03$ > format A4 the mashine> color KM bizhub PRO

1 B/W copy page cost 0.025$

It is very difficult to do calculation of the cost value of one page
    The Road will be Mastered by >>> the Going...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Did you miss the emphasis on 'clauses' and 'extra charges for excess toner usage/coverage' ? Sorry I didn't stress it enough.
    Bottom line is, you can structure a service contract so many different ways, with so many 'fine print exceptions' that it's impossible to say 'charge x for your apples'.
    Just gotta make sure you don't 'drop your trousers' so far own around your ankles that you LOSE MONEY.
    There is a dealer here in my town that charges exactly that amount, and he does NOT INCLUDE PAPER, and has wording written into the contract to protect himself. Around here (WA) almost no one includes paper, exc. for a print shop, because they have to.

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges.
    PS I'm still not sure if the original poster wants THEIR cost calculated or what to charge....so I kept it a bit general, or tried to.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    You're right, my answers have nothing to do with a copy shop (except charge triple what it costs you).
    My bad, next time I'll read all posts before spouting off!
    Your answer is most up their alley. You've won the pissing match! Congrats.

Service Manager 250+ Posts gensys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    Did you miss the emphasis on 'clauses' and 'extra charges for excess toner usage/coverage' ? Sorry I didn't stress it enough.
    Bottom line is, you can structure a service contract so many different ways, with so many 'fine print exceptions' that it's impossible to say 'charge x for your apples'.
    Just gotta make sure you don't 'drop your trousers' so far own around your ankles that you LOSE MONEY.
    There is a dealer here in my town that charges exactly that amount, and he does NOT INCLUDE PAPER, and has wording written into the contract to protect himself. Around here (WA) almost no one includes paper, exc. for a print shop, because they have to.

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges.
    PS I'm still not sure if the original poster wants THEIR cost calculated or what to charge....so I kept it a bit general, or tried to.
    The greatest a share in the cost value occupy The first a tonerThe second a Drum (drums)By machines the Canon can be used only original what other manufacturer has no such durability
    The Road will be Mastered by >>> the Going...

Thumbs up Re: Approximate cost price????

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    You should talk to zaza, I think you two speak the same language. (it certainly looks the same)
    well l find my name at this thread so l hope write some word about this subject ..real GENSYS is my friend ..and TECKAT is also my friend and all technician for copytechnet is my friends . l think the language is not great problems between others technical something as collaboration ..assistance ..offered lot of experience in world of copiers and printers machine ....you can seeing our GENSYS do a little mistake ...and quickly he corrected her explication about her subject ...l think he need explain her Arminian things by English word ..as me ...sometimes l need explain my French idea by English word ...l know it's not same ....but it's not great problems too ...it is not our problems if we are not English community ...other something my friend paul whey you not chosen the English community to required your technical document ? ..l see you required your offers for all race and original technician ...but not problems if this different race knowing the English or no ....it's for your business advantage you do that ?...by way if it is not at your advantage you Accusing us of not knowing English ....l think it's not legal ... ..please see yourself more ...
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .