Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

not recognize finisher

i"m working on a ir 5050 with a finisher. The machine will not see the finisher in service mode or as a user. The host dc controller has been changed as well as the fin controller. Any ideas? Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

Re: not recognize finisher

Problem :
    A check in Service Mode indicates the Finisher is not seen by the imageRUNNER. No led's are lit on the Finisher Controller. 24 Volts are not being supplied.

Solution :
    Check to see if the Option Power Supply is outputting voltage. It should supply two 24 volt lines to the Finisher. If 24 Volts are not being supplied, check the remote signal at J9013, pin 1.

This is the two pin connection on the bracket, just above the Option Power Supply. Unplug the connector from the bracket and check the voltage, it should read 12 volts. If the12 volts is not present, check the remote signal from J4013 on the DC Power Supply. If 12 Volts is not outputting from J4013, pin 2 on the DC Power Supply, remove the loads from the Power Supply, and check J4013, pin 2 to see if the voltage returns. If it does, one of the loads may be causing the voltage drop. If there is still no 12 Volts from J4013 , pin 2, replace the DC Power Supply.

DC Power Supply FK2-0799-000

I'm reading dc voltages at the finisher-the controller has been replaced to no avail. The top led flashes. The host does not see the finisher from the c/panel or service mode-no version listed. An e713 error can be caused however by disconnecting the finisher cable from the machine. Tried a dc controller and ac power as well-flashed machine and cleared the controller as well. Any help would be appreceiated!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts its_just_a_copier's Avatar

There is a few more things out there in the Canon kb:

Set Additional Functions>System Settings>TCP/IP>Multicast Discovery to OFF (and reboot)

If machine has Punch Unit make sure all DIP switches on SW601 are set to OFF

Hope this helps!

I've already tried the multicast discovery. Also there is no hole punch and I've checked all the dip switches on the finisher. Even reflashed the copier and did all the clears and resets possible. My feeling is that there is some bug with the finisher itself, but I dont have an extra one now. I'm hoping to get one in to divide and conquer. Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

main controller

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    not recognize finisher

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    i"m working on a ir 5050 with a finisher. The machine will not see the finisher in service mode or as a user. The host dc controller has been changed as well as the fin controller. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Finisher is not recognized by the Main Unit.
    There are no finishing options displayed, there is not a Finisher version displayed in Service Mode>Display>Version>Sorter, and nothing cycles in the Finisher at power on.

The connector issue below happens on many Canon iR Finishers

Turn off the Main Unit, disconnect the Finisher's connector from the Main Unit, unscrew the two self tapping screws to the Finisher's Molex connector, and remove the plastic cover.
    Check the inner connector of the Finisher's Molex connector as it maybe disconnected inside. Reconnect the connector to the Main Unit and power it on.

July.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

update-the trouble lies within the finisher-original controller pcb and a replacement made no change. Tried finisher on another m/c in shop-same result. The original contr pcb has the same fault following it, however the problems dissappears when original pcb is put back into the 2nd finisher-seems as though something else was also causing this issue. Anyway the original finisher has been retired, thanks to all for your help and suggestions! Thanks!

md aurif

Display panel not on

md aurif

Canon 5050 , display panel not going no, only green led glowing is it problem in dc PCB, or in main control Bord, or power supply.