Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CANON IR3200

Lightbulb CANON IR3200

theres an error E602. main controloer board or hard disk error ?! can i reformat the disk or a replacement instead ?!! what are the other source of error if not in the disk,,,any ideas ? thank you again.

Godbless

Service Manager 250+ Posts gensys's Avatar

Re: CANON IR3200

Quote Originally Posted by semaj View Post
    theres an error e602. Main controloer board or hard disk error ?! Can i reformat the disk or a replacement instead ?!! What are the other source of error if not in the disk,,,any ideas ? Thank you again.

Godbless
    E602 -??????? (? = sub-code)
    - 0202 ?
    - 0002,0003,0004 ?
    - 0105 ?
    The Road will be Mastered by >>> the Going...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CANON IR3200

you can try holding down 1/9 and turning the machine on to see if the scandisk can rectify the problem with your HDD. More than likely you will have to replace the HDD and reload the system firmware though.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 250+ Posts gensys's Avatar

E602-0202 is an error code occurring when a file system logical error occurs in the partition FSTDEV of the HDD.
    Need to inspection, the SRAM Board PCB was found to be faulty in this case.

Clear RAM of the SRAM in service mode [COPIER> Function> CLEAR> MN-CON].
    If the symptom still recurs, check or replace the SRAM Board PCB with a new one.
    (Clearing the RAM or replacement of the SRAM Board PCB will erase all the image data inside the HDD. FG3-2856 SRAM Board PCB Ass'y)
    The Road will be Mastered by >>> the Going...

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

I vote for a new hard drive, same model as you now have installed in the copier, and a fresh load of system software. No, I do not provide SST or System Software...
    "Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough!"

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CANON IR3200

theres an error E602. main controloer board or hard disk error ?! can i reformat the disk or a replacement instead ?!! what are the other source of error if not in the disk,,,any ideas ? thank you again.

Godbless

too add some info>>>

if you are troubleshooting a possible corrupt hard drive, or have a hard drive error try using these steps:

As a general rule, when reformatting or re-flashing a new, or existing, hard drive it is only necessary to format the hard drive and load system, language, and rui. If you use the ALL or the ALL_HDF commands the Service Support Tool will take you through any system/firmware files that you have registered for the selected model in sequential order, including boot, dc-con, and r-con.
    It is generally not necessary to flash these components to recover from a hard drive error.

Please note these hard drive partitions and what they do, if you have problems with any of the items listed in a particular partition it is possible a hard drive clear or a hard drive format may resolve the problem.
    * Partition 1: General image data storage area, all images that pass through the machine use this partition.
    * Partition 2: General purpose file area, keeps user settings data, various log data, pdl spool data, image data control information and initializes all files.
    * Partition 3: PDL related file storage area, fonts are stored here.
    * Partition 4: Stores firmware, address book, filter storage area (system, language, rui).
    For the Sub Code(s) indicated take the steps listed.
    * 0001, 0002, 0003,0006, 0007:
    1.Hold down the 1 & 9 keys while turning the main power switch on and let the machine go through a disk defrag (should take about half an hour). If this fails go to step 2.
    2. Reformat the hard drive and load System, Language, and RUI. If this fails go to step 3.
    3. Replace the hard drive, format and load System, Language, and RUI.

For some sub codes it may be possible to recover using the machine's service mode,
    Copier/Function/System/Chk-Type
    , setting it to clear a certain partition number, then selecting Copier/Function/System/HD-Clear. After selecting the hard drive partition to clear (setting Chk-Type) and selecting HD-Clear and pressing OK, it will be necessary to turn the copier/printer main switch off then on again. Once the power is cycled the hard drive will begin to rebuild the partition selected and will take an extra minute or two to come to ready. The sub codes can be broken down into two parts the first two digits indicate the partition, the second two indicate the fault that occured. An example would be an E602 with a sub code of 0201 indicates a problem with the FSTDEV partition (02xx)where a faulty read out occured at start up(xx01).

For partitions of: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, FF use the Chk-Type settings listed:
    * For faults of: xx01, xx02, xx03, xx04 use Chk-Type 1.
    * For fault: xx05 use Chk-Type 2.
    *For fault: xx06 use Chk-Type 3.
    * For faults of: xx07, xx08 use chk-type 4.
    * For fault: xx09 use Chk-Type 5.
    * For fault: xxFF format the hard drive and load System, Language, and RUI.
    ** For sub codes of: xx10, xx12, xx14, xx22, xx23, xx24, reformat the hard drive and load system, language, and rui. If this doesn't clear the error replace the hard drive and load system, language, and rui.
    NOTE: If clearing the hard drive partitions does not clear the error, or the error returns frequently, try reformatting the hard drive and reloading System, Language, and RUI. If this does not clear the error replace the hard drive then format and load System, Language, and RUI.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I third the option of HDD replacement and software reload. Works everytime!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CANON IR3200

Quote Originally Posted by MikeConway View Post
    I third the option of HDD replacement and software reload. Works everytime!

that's too easy
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Godbless
    I had similar prob i was told to replace hard drive but it was not the prob. I cant remember exactly but seems like it was a memory card issue in the area of the hard drive assm

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CANON IR3200

E602 is a hard drive failure or faulty error
    I have seen it be the SRAM board, but you have to get those from Canon.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.