Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e020-0434

demmery

e020-0434

I have a canon irc 4080. The original code was e020-04b0 which indicates black drum end of life. Put in a new drum and got e020-0434. I noticed that in initial rotation the machine does not lay down the black patch and that is why I am getting the e-code. What I can't figure is what tells the machine to lay patch. Replace laser, power supplies, hvt's, driver pcb's along with some other parts..........still not working. NEED HELP!!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    e020-0434

Re: e020-0434

Quote Originally Posted by demmery View Post
    I have a canon irc 4080. The original code was e020-04b0 which indicates black drum end of life. Put in a new drum and got e020-0434. I noticed that in initial rotation the machine does not lay down the black patch and that is why I am getting the e-code. What I can't figure is what tells the machine to lay patch. Replace laser, power supplies, hvt's, driver pcb's along with some other parts..........still not working. NEED HELP!!!!

Pull out the Black Drum and mark all the drive gears on the back to see if they turned during initial rotation.
    Remove and check if the gear for the developing cylinder turned
    ???

Remember that the Relay/Driver PCB (FM2-6299-000) and the Developer Drive Motor (FK2-2518-000) control the movement of the Developing Cylinder.

Try replacing the Driver first-
    relay.JPGBLK MTR.JPG

Also check those yellow connector wires on HVT
    Loose - Pinched - Firm Seat
    IRC5180.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    e020-0434

Product : imageRUNNER C4080 / C4580 / C5180 / C5185
    Title :
    An E020-0434 Error Code is Occurring at Start Up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error :
    An E020-0434 Error Code is Occurring at Start Up.

This was a hard failure of the Black Developing Unit. The black image was missing from the ITB Belt. All other colors were present. The technician swapped the Black Drum, the Black Laser, the Black HVT2 and the DC-Controller to no avail. The technician then pulled out the black drum and marked all the drive gears on the back to see if they turned during initial rotation. The gear for the developing cylinder was not turning.

Note:
    The Relay/Driver PCB (FM2-6299-000) and the Developer Drive Motor (FK2-2518-000) control the movement of the Developing Cylinder.

Workaround :

In this case, replacing the Relay/Driver PCB (FM2-6299-000) resolved the issue.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

e020-0434

demmery

First thing I did check was drum drive. That is working fine. These are the things I have changed. Relay pcb, hvt 1 and 2, both dc controllers and black laser. No change. I actually had this problem once before and that machine was not able to be fixed and every board was changed in the macine.

e020-0434

Quote Originally Posted by demmery View Post
    First thing I did check was drum drive. That is working fine. These are the things I have changed. Relay pcb, hvt 1 and 2, both dc controllers and black laser. No change. I actually had this problem once before and that machine was not able to be fixed and every board was changed in the macine.

checking old notes
    there was an issue awhile ago on this series, on early serial number models-that when u insert new drums while printer was powered up it would throw a xx34 error on a single color drum-
    end result was u needed to put in a new drum of the effected color/

I have been powering off ever since -with no issue

this is not a Laser issue !!

did u remove & inspect the SALT SENSOR or Replace it.
    PATCH READ.JPG

is this a OEM Drum ???

remove all drums/all toners and ITB
    LOOK INSIDE printer and check if the white couplings for BLACK have popped off
    iR3200 Drum Cam.jpg
    Last edited by teckat; 08-19-2011 at 01:03 AM.