Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR2800 with error.  Unable to get in Service Mode-- Control Panel failure?

Re: IR2800 with error. Unable to get in Service Mode-- Control Panel failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickmyprinter View Post
    I understand what you are saying, however the machine comes up with the E000002-0000 error right away after power cycling. The point of entering service mode was to clear the error and work on diagnosing. So I am unable to test the control panel with anything other than hearing the typical click these buttons make.

You do raise an interesting point about the beep. When the machine fires up and the error is given a few beeps go off. However, when any button is pressed the machine does not beep. My assumption was that they had the button beep turned off, I cannot verify that until I get this resolved. Are the buttons supposed to beep and can that function be turned off? If it can't I definitely have a bum control panel.

Thanks!

Check the start key and make sure it is not stuck.

did u pull out the Fix Unit to inspect it ????

E002
    The main thermistor (TH1) has poor contact or an open circuit. The thermal switch has an open circuit (TP1). The fixing heater has an open circuit. The AC driver PCB is faulty. The DC controller PCB is faulty.
    The door switch is faulty.WC8-5178-000
    Last edited by teckat; 08-22-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Kickmyprinter

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    did u pull out the Fix Unit to inspect it ????
    Yes, it does need to be replaced. Basically due to the rollers, they're pretty beat up. The heaters test fine. I do have one on order. But in the mean time I need to get the customer going, at least temporarily.

Kickmyprinter

I may have missed this answer. Should I be able to enter service mode with the front door open? Presuming a bad front door switch would that prevent entering service mode?

I appreciate the help.

I may have missed this answer. Should I be able to enter service mode with the front door open? Presuming a bad front door switch would that prevent entering service mode?

I appreciate the help.

you should be able to get in service mode with front door open/

see if START KEY IS STUCK/
    don't listen for noise when pressed/ u should hear a slight click on all keys when pressed

iR3200 CONTROL PANEL.JPGService Mode .JPG

CLICK ON PIC TO OPEN/ THESE OLDER iR' PANELS ARE ALL SIMILAR

Kickmyprinter

Well the good news is that the customer is up and running. The bad news is I was unable to get them there. Another employee there ended up calling in another company last night that deals with Canon's routinely. 1 fuser later they are running. Though I presume that will be temporary at best.

When I called the customer this morning they stated the part needs to be replaced every 3-4 months. Ouch!

I'll just assume a button was stuck instead of assuming I am unable to push them.

Thanks for all of your help.

Well the good news is that the customer is up and running. The bad news is I was unable to get them there. Another employee there ended up calling in another company last night that deals with Canon's routinely. 1 fuser later they are running. Though I presume that will be temporary at best.

When I called the customer this morning they stated the part needs to be replaced every 3-4 months. Ouch!

I'll just assume a button was stuck instead of assuming I am unable to push them.

what needs to be replaced every 3-4 months ???
    fixing film
    ??

did the customer understand what was done to their printer ??

never assume anything/ get the facts

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you for following up. It is always good to know the outcome.

Hopper

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

the only thing I can think of that needs replacing on a regular basis is the cleaning roller on the fixing unit, but the volume would have to be incredbily high for that.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Kickmyprinter

The person I spoke to on the phone didn't sound too informed. But I believe when she said, 'the fuse type roller thingy' she meant the fuser or a part of it. She added that it gets replaced often, roughly every 3-4 months.

They do pump out a lot of prints, but I am unsure of a specific volume.

I am glad they got going, but I hate not knowing the true end result. For that I apologize.