Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kickmyprinter

IR2800 with error. Unable to get in Service Mode-- Control Panel failure?

Error E000002-0000.

Attempted to reset through service mode, but nothing comes up. I have tried (AdvFunction 28) + (AdvFunction) with no success.

Any thoughts?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR2800 with error.  Unable to get in Service Mode-- Control Panel failure?

Re: IR2800 with error. Unable to get in Service Mode-- Control Panel failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickmyprinter View Post
    Error E000002-0000.

Attempted to reset through service mode, but nothing comes up. I have tried (AdvFunction 28) + (AdvFunction) with no success.

Any thoughts?

Check the front door switch for proper operation.
    a defective SW3 can cause an E002 error code.The part number for the switch is WC8-5178-000.

Do you have the updated Switching Regulator ( power supply)?
    01=OLD-------02 NEW
    PS.JPG
    Switching Regulator PCB is FH3-2613-020
    SEE PDF>>
    E002_TP03.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Kickmyprinter

Opening and closing the front door causes a small reaction by the copier of motors running and such. So from that alone I am guessing the switch is ok, though that may be incorrect.

Power supply is an -000 style.

Regardless, I cannot get into service mode. Can you think of some way to be sure the control panel buttons actually work?

I have no problem replacing the bad parts, I just need to be sure the copier can work after I install them.

Thanks for your help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Opening and closing the front door causes a small reaction by the copier of motors running and such. So from that alone I am guessing the switch is ok, though that may be incorrect.

Power supply is an -000 style.

Regardless, I cannot get into service mode. Can you think of some way to be sure the control panel buttons actually work?

I have no problem replacing the bad parts, I just need to be sure the copier can work after I install them.

Thanks for your help.

u should here a slight click when a button/key is depressed
    u may have a stuck key/or a broken peg on underside of such button

try this/ power off/ open front door/keep open> power on & try to get in service mode
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Error E000002-0000.

Any thoughts?
    iT SHOULD BE THREE ACTIONS:

1) Additional functions
    2) Make a Peace sign and hit 2 and 8 at same time
    3) Additional functions

If this fails hit the yellow reset key twice and start over.

Kickmyprinter

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    iT SHOULD BE THREE ACTIONS:

1) Additional functions
    2) Make a Peace sign and hit 2 and 8 at same time
    3) Additional functions

If this fails hit the yellow reset key twice and start over.
    I appreciate the clarification. I have been told a hundred different versions of that with 'Additional Function' being pressed vs. just the asterisks. So that clarifies it up. The only other question in that regard I have is the duration for holding 2 & 8? I tried everything from 1 second to 30 seconds with no success.

Either way, that still gives no reaction. I pressed every button with the machine off to try and find an obvious stuck or goofy button with no success.

I have tried to get into service mode with the front door open. I even tried with the door open and alternating between closing each of the 2 front door switches individually. No success. Should it still be able to enter service mode with the front door open?

If it should I'm at square one. If it shouldn't I would lean towards a control panel issue vs. front door switch. Though the power supply seems to need replacement regardless.

Thanks for all of your help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

with copier on and in copy mode, can you enter 2 copies and can you enter 8 copies. in same copy mode can access additional function mode by depressing that key? if so keyboard is okay

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes, it is common to get the "star" wrong.

It is:

star 2and8 star

The key pad 1-9 star is not the one. It is the star described as Additional Functions.

There is no duration for the 2and8 to be held down. Only that they be hit together. When hit right there is no beep because you hit both at the same tine.

To test your key board hit each individual key while not attempting to go into service mode. You should see the two and eight change the quantity of copies and the star key may beep.

Kickmyprinter

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Yes, it is common to get the "star" wrong.

It is:

star 2and8 star

The key pad 1-9 star is not the one. It is the star described as Additional Functions.

There is no duration for the 2and8 to be held down. Only that they be hit together. When hit right there is no beep because you hit both at the same tine.

To test your key board hit each individual key while not attempting to go into service mode. You should see the two and eight change the quantity of copies and the star key may beep.
    I understand what you are saying, however the machine comes up with the E000002-0000 error right away after power cycling. The point of entering service mode was to clear the error and work on diagnosing. So I am unable to test the control panel with anything other than hearing the typical click these buttons make.

You do raise an interesting point about the beep. When the machine fires up and the error is given a few beeps go off. However, when any button is pressed the machine does not beep. My assumption was that they had the button beep turned off, I cannot verify that until I get this resolved. Are the buttons supposed to beep and can that function be turned off? If it can't I definitely have a bum control panel.

Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I understand what you are saying, however the machine comes up with the E000002-0000 error right away after power cycling. The point of entering service mode was to clear the error and work on diagnosing. So I am unable to test the control panel with anything other than hearing the typical click these buttons make.

You do raise an interesting point about the beep. When the machine fires up and the error is given a few beeps go off. However, when any button is pressed the machine does not beep. My assumption was that they had the button beep turned off, I cannot verify that until I get this resolved. Are the buttons supposed to beep and can that function be turned off? If it can't I definitely have a bum control panel.

Thanks!
    You should be able to get into service mode while in that E-002 state. Bum keypanel.