Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DanK42

Canon ir3220 ImagePass C1 Ethernet Interface is not Configured

Greetings All,

I'm working with a Canon ir3220 and an imagepass C1. When I enter setup through the printer tab and try to install network , it returns "Ethernet interface is not configured". I have img-cont set to 3. I am also missing most of the TCP/IP settings under maintenance mode unless I change to img-cont 0 but I guess that is normal? As I understand things, you are the network setup based in the maintenance mode is abandoned when using the c1? Thus I have cleared all fields in the TCP/IP section (while it was in img-cont 0) then switched back to img-cont 3, reset everything and attempt network install via printer tab setup and again "Ethernet Interface is not Configured".

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon ir3220 ImagePass C1 Ethernet Interface is not Configured

Quote Originally Posted by DanK42 View Post
    Greetings All,

I'm working with a Canon ir3220 and an imagepass C1. When I enter setup through the printer tab and try to install network , it returns "Ethernet interface is not configured". I have img-cont set to 3. I am also missing most of the TCP/IP settings under maintenance mode unless I change to img-cont 0 but I guess that is normal? As I understand things, you are the network setup based in the maintenance mode is abandoned when using the c1? Thus I have cleared all fields in the TCP/IP section (while it was in img-cont 0) then switched back to img-cont 3, reset everything and attempt network install via printer tab setup and again "Ethernet Interface is not Configured".

Any help would be appreciated.

1-power off printer
    2-Un-seat and re-seat the network board.
    /
    3-do a MMI CLEAR in service mode
    - The MMI Clear will remove information pertaining to the Machine User Settings.
    - ID Modes, ID Group, Passwords, Mode Memory, IP Addresses.
    - Print out the User Data Lists, P-Print and any other prints that may contain User Settings before clearing MMI.
    4-check to make sure all C1 CABLES are not plugged in Printer
    5-Before Making Connections
    Set ‘3’ in the host machine’s service mode: COPIER>OPTION>INTO-FACE>IMP-CONT.
    (As a result, the IP address needed for communication between the host machine and the machine will
    automatically be set up.

6.Power off printer
    7.Connect all C1 CABLES TO iR3220

8.Power up Printer & C1 - check if C1 has the older power switch/ if it does don't switch on until progress bar is 3/4 along. If no switch on C1 > Printer power will power it up.
    9.Now enter PRINTER TAB and try to input settings

SEE PDF>>>imagePass C1 v2 Install.pdf

there were two different C1/C2 BOXES see pictures below
    imagepass C2 G1 F2.jpgimagepass C1.jpg

imagePASS-C2 can only be turned ON/OFF using the copier’s main power switch. This feature is made possible by the imagePASS-C2’s PCC PCB.

They display issue BIOS codes differently
    CLICK ON PIC FOR BETTER VIEW
    imagePassC2 Bios Codes.JPGimagePassC1 Bios codes.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

DanK42

Thanks so much teckat, great response time!!

I actually managed to solve the issue by swapping out another imagepass c1 (c1 verified). Upon powering up and changing img-cont to 3 then printer>status>run setup things started working. For some reason the previous unit never seemed to get there. Do you think the aforementioned procedure might resurrect the previous unit?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanK42 View Post
    Thanks so much teckat, great response time!!

I actually managed to solve the issue by swapping out another imagepass c1 (c1 verified). Upon powering up and changing img-cont to 3 then printer>status>run setup things started working. For some reason the previous unit never seemed to get there. Do you think the aforementioned procedure might resurrect the previous unit?

give it a try / these C1's are a pain if printer is not turned of properly

TIP/ always use the shut down procedure thru control panel

have told this a million times to customers with fierys attached
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

DanK42

Oh? You think this type of thing is most likely caused by improper shutdown? It was working fine prior. And on a 3220 is the shutdown you refer to in the on screen menu or the "soft" power button on the top as opposed to the "hard" main power switch on the side. I hadn't noticed a shutdown option in the on screen menus, though I wasn't actively looking for it.

Thanks again..

Ran into this problem today and followed Teckat's procedure step by step. Worked great!

Improper shutdown by another tech during service caused the C1 to get messed up and broke print.

My other notes are after the MMI clear the Department ID popped up. Go to Copier>Function>Clear>"PS-WRD" (something close to ps-wrd) to remove Department ID. You have to enter service mode quickly after start up to bypass. I ran across that setting again in the fiery config and made sure it was off. Also when configuring the C1 Fiery it does take it's sweet time. Be patient.

Enter service mode by using Additional Function key, then 2 and 8 keys at the same time, and then the Additional Function key again.

Can't thank you enough!