Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

iR ADV C2030 Jam code 0105

Hi all

Has anyone noticed that the Canon image runner C2000 series have been having large amounts of 0105 jams. I cover about 15 now in my area and i have just noticed that it is a common occurence on all the machines. Does anyone know of a fix???

Technician

Re: iR ADV C2030 Jam code 0105

Quote Originally Posted by manlyman07 View Post
    Hi all

Has anyone noticed that the Canon image runner C2000 series have been having large amounts of 0105 jams. I cover about 15 now in my area and i have just noticed that it is a common occurence on all the machines. Does anyone know of a fix???
    hi jam code relates to ps20 sensor which is your registration sensor...

On the larger advance series i have this issue and it's modify by Canon,but newer on IRA2000 series.

Yep !
    They are notorious for jams especially if it's got an inner finisher C-1.
    Canon have brought out a succession of firmware upgrades. The latest being V24 (V25 is imminent).
    Setting it to copy A4R helps too but obviously slows it down.
    Good Luck

What about if the Jam 0105 happens from both Cassettes and the PS20 reg sensor actuator is okay? Copying from Cassette 1 the machine jams immediately and the paper is not even picked up, whereas copying from Cassette 2 jams after a few copies. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manlyman07 View Post
    Hi all

The 2030 with the small cassette I try and talk customers into using lower cassette for main paper source. Keep the roller clean or replace and replace sep assembly when needed. The 2230 seem to run better but it seems like the top cassette does get a lot of 0105 jams. I had kept the software updated and never noticed any difference. In other words, it seems normal to me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Talking Re: iR ADV C2030 Jam code 0105

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    The 2030 with the small cassette I try and talk customers into using lower cassette for main paper source. Keep the roller clean or replace and replace sep assembly when needed. The 2230 seem to run better but it seems like the top cassette does get a lot of 0105 jams. I had kept the software updated and never noticed any difference. In other words, it seems normal to me.
    Working on a referb 2230 jamming with 0105. Jams when out of paper. Have had three machines doing this. Tech pub on replacing FE4-1248 with mention that spring could be dropped replacing it. We found out by bending the pin that holds the cassette in towards the back fixes it so it shows paper. I think the new part is black and old part white. You can reach in and push it to see flag dropped for top cassette. History showed 95 jams on top tray 0105. I hope the machine does not go in my territory!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jaycat718's Avatar

I've had this problems several times.

For cassette 1 it's usually the Separation pad assembly. FM4-8108-000.
    I've also had an issue where the cassette wasnt lifting due to the actuator on the back of the cassette. I followed the Techpub TP195b to fix the issue.

For cassette 2, i've had to replace the Reg sensor assembly. Also always check your feed tires.

Also Flash the Machine, do a Dcon clear, and re-enter door values.